vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saco River Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    No where in your bio does it say"Jason enjoys Geocaching". How can the media be so uninformed.
    Well there's a reason for that . . . I wrote this in 2005 on June 29th and I wasn't a GC.com member until July 4th and I didn't go for my first cache until mid-July.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

How the heck to we get from planning a kayak/canoe trip to going off an a totally different tangent about an article someone wrote? It looks like this like many other threads on this site just got hijacked. Hopefully we will get back on subject and not like the other threads that never do.
    Blazing Troll

Kayak trip sounds like fun!! We just bought 4 kayaks and we love them!! Can't wait to hear the when's and where's.

Oh, and the story was quite funny!!

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl) For those that have a hard time figuring who posted what.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    How the heck to we get from planning a kayak/canoe trip to going off an a totally different tangent about an article someone wrote? It looks like this like many other threads on this site just got hijacked. Hopefully we will get back on subject and not like the other threads that never do.
    Sorry Rick . . . I've pummeled myself repeatedly with fiddleheads and bashed my typing hands 101 times with my kayak paddle.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Another date?

Does June 24th a Saturday, work for more people? I would like to give as many people a chance to go, as can make it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default *****Attention water enthusists*****

Sometime early this summer we plan on putting out a Multi-cache on the Upper Kennebec River Starting in Bingham and ending in Madison. It will only be accessible by either kayak or canoe. It will involve some portages around hydro dams and will probably have 5 stages. This will be a cache that will definately take some planning and it may take some seekers a couple days to finish. For those wanting to do it in two or more days I highly recommend camping at the Evergreens Campground in Solon. Those seeking our Multi will also have a chance to do other caches along the way such as:
    Can You Gadabout Gaddis? GCJD1R
    Embden Petroglyphs GCJB1R
    Arnold's Landing GCNCF5
    Anderson's Corner Cache GCVEZ6
    Big Box of Books GCR6N5
    A Cache for TJ GCRW6K

............and many more that aren't far off the banks of the mighty Kennebec. Stay tuned, We'll be putting this one together soon and we hope it proves to be a great summertime cache.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    For those wanting to do it in two or more days I highly recommend camping at the Evergreens Campground in Solon.
    I agree! The Evergreens Campground - on an old Indian campsite - is a good location - right on the riverbank. The owners are great, and they have a good restaurant at the site as well. And all of the caches mentioned by Smitty are GREAT caches to do on a canoe/kayak trip. Our "Arnolds Landing" cache is at the only portage required - about 1/2 mile from the campground. Total distance on the route Smitty is talking about is about 9 miles.

24th works for me. I'd love to go on this.

Post Next kayak trip

The date is June 24th, and the Saco River is the place. The launch time and place are up for vote. Probally 3-4 hours on the river will be enough. There are lots of caches nearby in No.Conway and Fryeburg, too. One idea was launch at McSherries on 302 just outside of Fryeburg and land at the 302 Bridge on the other side of Fryeburg. What's everyone else think?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

June 24th. Darn the week after our event and Tink has to work. You can count me in if I don’t get stuck working. I think 3 to 4 hours is a long time to plan but it is better to plan for longer to short. I don’t care about lunch as long as we find somewhere to eat. We could always pack a lunch and eat on one of the sandbars. This promises to be a good time if the river if full of people. Tink and I have done this trip once and have always wanted to do it again. She is going to be mad that I can go and she can’t.

For a little history on the Saco River for those that do not know. This is a party river. Every year on the weekend once it warms up this becomes a party river. People stat out behind the fairgrounds in inner tubes and canoes tied together like party barges and coolers full of beer every weekend. Everyone gets alone out here doing this and if you want you may want to bring you water gun. You are open game for some as you pass them. Water gun waters a known to erupt out there.

Gary, I assume you are starting at the put in behind the fairgrounds. But where are you taking out at? Are you going to route 302 or to the next road crossing that I think is route 160?
    Blazing Troll