vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Saco River Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Did you get this from the Saco River Weather Bureau?
    No thios came from online.
    I just check the weather again and here is the latest:

Tomorrow: Rain showers in the morning with thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. High 71F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall may reach one inch.

New Hampshire is in flood warnings right now. So it looks like Tink and I will sit this one out. I want to go, but I also want to have a good time and have the weather a little cooperative.
    Blazing Troll

Default A great day on the river

Todays trip down the Saco River was absolutely GREAT!! I will admit the ride up to Fryeburg this morning was a wet one. It was sprinkling as we unloaded the kayaks, but stopped as we entered the river. 10:35am. With sun and clouds, the temps were in the high 60's. It was the perfect day to paddle down the Saco River. From Swan's Falls to the Brownfield Bridge, 20 plus miles and 6 hours of paddling. It was Team2hunt, Tat, and kayakerinme. We shared the day with about 100 others in all types of rafting configurations. Those in canoes were happy to see us in our kayaks, espicially Tom in his homemade wooden kayak. ( I'm going out and buy some wooden looking shelf liner to turn my kayak into a wooden looking one like Tom's.) We stopped several times to swim or grab a cache. We also had fun playing with our bilges like super soakers. Getting wet along the way was part of the fun. We listened to Jimmy Buffet tunes , and watched alot of people enjoying the day. Sorry you missed it Rick. The weather was perfect for a paddle and the river flowed at around 2 miles per hour all by itself. This was the second kayak trip of the summer and another great time with friends. We will definitely do this again, and soon I hope. Stick around for more details. Thanks to Tom and Barry, for going along whatever the weather forecast was.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It sure turned out to be a beautiful day. Let's hope this weather sticks around for tomorrow too!

Thanks for updating us...it's always good to hear about times when long lasting caching memories are made. So which one of you is going to make a page for the Maine Geocaching Scrapbook?

Default Maine Geo Scrapbook

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It sure turned out to be a beautiful day. Let's hope this weather sticks around for tomorrow too!

Thanks for updating us...it's always good to hear about times when long lasting caching memories are made. So which one of you is going to make a page for the Maine Geocaching Scrapbook?
    I have several pictures from our 2 trips this year. I will try to make up a page. Thanks, for asking.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I am glad you all had a good time. I am however glad I put it off today. It was not a very good day. But I am glad you had a good time.
    Blazing Troll

I continued on after (thanks for the shuttle, Barry and Garry!) The last 13 miles were the exact opposite of the first stretch. Everyone had found a place to camp and cot one of the last sand bars. The river was empty except for: An owl that just found supper, a beaver that woke me up at 3am, a moose that just wanted me to know who's territory this was, a blue heron, an 18" diameter turtle, a deer, but no humans. It was perfect!

Default Yes, perfect!

Oh Tat! That does sound perfect!