vb:literal>

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

BRUCE!!! I NEED HELP!! I hold the (chilled) glass at a 45degree angle and slowly pour... but I can't get a head to form!! I've never had this problem before... is this just the way stella is in the bottle?? I don't think that video was enough training for the real thing....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    BRUCE!!! I NEED HELP!! I hold the (chilled) glass at a 45degree angle and slowly pour... but I can't get a head to form!! I've never had this problem before... is this just the way stella is in the bottle?? I don't think that video was enough training for the real thing....
    I lived in Belgium for 7 years. There is one HECK os a difference btween Stella on tap and Stella in the bottle. You've seen the interactive commercial - using the spatula to scrape off the excess foam is STANDARD in any bar/tavern. They ALWAYS use it.

Thr Stella you're talking about is for export. It's meant to be practice for the REAL thing! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I lived in Belgium for 7 years. There is one HECK os a difference btween Stella on tap and Stella in the bottle. You've seen the interactive commercial - using the spatula to scrape off the excess foam is STANDARD in any bar/tavern. They ALWAYS use it.

Thr Stella you're talking about is for export. It's meant to be practice for the REAL thing! LOL!
    well, i figured the only thing worthy enough to put it in was my guinness tankard, and thats 16oz, I can't get the foam over 1/2" (nowhere near the brim), maybe the glass it my problem, maybe its too big... that'll be a first in my life

I know this sounds like beer abuse and may be beer abuse, but I've seen people put SALT in their beer to make it foamy??? Doesn't that affect the taste of the beer or does it sink to the bottom?
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

*GASP*

Bruce... you get the chains and handcuffs... I'll get the DVD player and the season 1 through 24 uncut Barney the purple dinosaur DVDs... we'll teach her to put salt in beer.

and yes some poor saps that don't know any better and drink 20 year old natural ice light or milwuakees best do put salt in their beer to make it more bubbly (and it tastes pretty nasty, I've only found myself doing that twice in my life, once at a bar in homeworth, ohio (the town of albion is bigger than homeworth!) and once at the bar in the portland airport.

well, i figured the only thing worthy enough to put it in was my guinness tankard, and thats 16oz, I can't get the foam over 1/2" (nowhere near the brim), maybe the glass it my problem, maybe its too big... that'll be a first in my life
    Actually, I should have said there's a lot of difference between ANY beer in the bottle and in the keg. I have to be REAL careful with my kegeratro to keep the foam down.

I bought a 5-liter mini-keg of Heinekin at Jokas' today. Looking forward to tapping that! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Actually, I should have said there's a lot of difference between ANY beer in the bottle and in the keg. I have to be REAL careful with my kegeratro to keep the foam down.

I bought a 5-liter mini-keg of Heinekin at Jokas' today. Looking forward to tapping that! LOL!
    haha, one of the ones that comes with it's own little spout! those are cool. I've been experimenting with different glasses, and I think the glass was my problem, I used a 10oz Highball glass and the foam got nice and thick (two fingers to be exact) the foam did go over the edge a bit due to my glass being too small to hold the other 2 oz in the bottle, but I sliced that off with my trusty pancake flipper and... WAH LA! We need to find a place around here that serves it fresher than Joka's, I've never been too impressed with their refrigeration and the stella had a cool again warm again cool again taste to it, but it reminded me of another belgium ale, I think it was DuValls or somethin like that... it was Du... somethin, heh, that's what i get told a lot when i'm sitting around drinking... Du sumthin... (that stuff foams up wicked crazy, gotta have a steady hand to pour a good glass of that)

*GASP*

Bruce... you get the chains and handcuffs... I'll get the DVD player and the season 1 through 24 uncut Barney the purple dinosaur DVDs... we'll teach her to put salt in beer.

and yes some poor saps that don't know any better and drink 20 year old natural ice light or milwuakees best do put salt in their beer to make it more bubbly (and it tastes pretty nasty, I've only found myself doing that twice in my life, once at a bar in homeworth, ohio (the town of albion is bigger than homeworth!) and once at the bar in the portland airport.
    I didn't! Honest, I didn't!! I've just seen some people do that, and honestly I think it was Bud they did it to. (not all that far off from natural or mb...oh my gosh, JB could tell you some stories about mb and strolling socks and some other really cheap beer you can't hardly find anymore...the name escapes me at the moment and snow football, aaahhh, the good 'ol days).

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    I didn't! Honest, I didn't!! I've just seen some people do that, and honestly I think it was Bud they did it to. (not all that far off from natural or mb...oh my gosh, JB could tell you some stories about mb and strolling socks and some other really cheap beer you can't hardly find anymore...the name escapes me at the moment and snow football, aaahhh, the good 'ol days).
    Ahhh...but you haven't really tasted beer until you've had nasty-gansett in the GIQ's and Kreuger tiger p--- ale.

I belive ya, Frank.
    I think that beer I was trying to remember was Red & White or something like that??