Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 389

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ya know, it was discussed a few years ago about having a homebrew-cache event, but there was only a few that showed interest, I wonder how many would show interest now.... ?
    Years ago, I was a "Hash House Harrier", which is often described as "a drinking club with a running problem." In the military we had to run to stay in shape, but we'd run to someone's house and have a beer, then run to someone else's house, etc. I've often thought about having a "Hash House Cache Run", where the object is to find the next beer. But the liability aspects keep me shoving the idea onto the back burner.

    The trouble with an event where there's alcohol, someone will always overdo it. Seems to me I remember one event where someone was using the slip-'n-slide with the kids - with a beer in his hand...

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default Manchester, New Hampshire

    RULost2? and I are in Manchester, New Hampshire for a couple of geocaching events this weekend. I bought a 12-pack of Molson XXX Super Premium Beer (ABV 7.3%). Sheesh!!!

    (I was reviewing the logs for tomorrow's event, and saw an entry from a guy who will be attending the event and said that he lives in northern Maine, and has never met any other geocachers. Sheesh! He had to pass within 2 miles of my house - also in "northern" Maine by some accounts - to get here! LOL!)
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 03-18-2011 at 06:33 PM.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,972

    Talking A beer worthy of this thread

    I am always looking for a new taste in beers and lately I have found 3 of them. All seasonal, and all from Long Trail Brewery in Vermont.

    At a recent beer tasting featuring Vermont's most famous brewery, I had Centennial Red and Coffee stout. And last night one of my places to stop along the way home I found a deal on Long Trail's Hibernator, a unfiltered Scottish Ale. At only 6.99 for a 12 pack I couldn't pass it up and I'm glad I didn't. I'm told that Whole Foods has the entire line up.

    My last and most interesting beer came from of all places to buy a good beer, Hannaford's. It's from a Montreal brewery UNIBROUE and the beer was MAUDITE, easily found on the shelf by it's label, a winged devil and flying canoe. And another unfiltered brew.

    I have never really cared for unfiltered beers, remembering Harpoons UFO. But now I have two news ones worthy of consuming.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I am always looking for a new taste in beers and lately I have found 3 of them. All seasonal, and all from Long Trail Brewery in Vermont.
    We've toured the Long Trail brewery, and and since the tour was only so-so, I haven't felt inclined to again sample their brews. LOL! (But on the same geocaching trip, you can also tour the Cabot Cheese factory and the Harpoon brewery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    My last and most interesting beer came from of all places to buy a good beer, Hannaford's. It's from a Montreal brewery UNIBROUE and the beer was MAUDITE, easily found on the shelf by it's label, a winged devil and flying canoe. And another unfiltered brew.
    Yeah - gotta love those big bottles with the cork. Try their other offerings.

    I had Sam Adams' Noble Pils on draft last night at the restaurant. Draft is so much better...

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I am always looking for a new taste in beers and lately I have found 3 of them. All seasonal, and all from Long Trail Brewery in Vermont.
    RULost2? and I are in Vermont tonight, so I had to try the "local brew" at the restaurant. They had "Pollinator" from the Long Trail brewery on tap. I tried it, and the first reaction I had was "HONEY"! (Sheesh! The "Pollinator" name should have been a dead giveaway!). It was really good, and when I got back to the hotel room, I checked it out online. No honey in the brew! LOL!

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    On the way back from Montreal today, we stopped at a store to pick up some "essentials". I noted a new type of Budweiser - "Budweiser 4". I thought it might be named for the alcohol content - 4% (but that's the same as Bud Light already is). Anyone heard anything about this?

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    RULost2? and I are in Vermont tonight, so I had to try the "local brew" at the restaurant. They had "Pollinator" from the Long Trail brewery on tap. I tried it, and the first reaction I had was "HONEY"! (Sheesh! The "Pollinator" name should have been a dead giveaway!). It was really good, and when I got back to the hotel room, I checked it out online. No honey in the brew! LOL!
    Heck you should have gotten it Bruce, have you checked your sperm count lately? Maybe you're not dead yet....LOL
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Heck you should have gotten it Bruce, have you checked your sperm count lately? Maybe you're not dead yet....LOL
    Sheesh, Haffy! How many kids do you have? I've got 2! (And at my age, I hope my sperm count right now is ZERO!) LOL!

    But I should have checked "Beer Advocate" before I mentioned it. Seems like it's been around for at least a year, and nobody likes it.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh, Haffy! How many kids do you have? I've got 2! (And at my age, I hope my sperm count right now is ZERO!) LOL!

    But I should have checked "Beer Advocate" before I mentioned it. Seems like it's been around for at least a year, and nobody likes it.
    I've got 3 boys and after that I got fixed!!!!! my count should be zero too....LOL
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Sheesh! Does THIS sound like a place to have an event, or what???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •