vb:literal>

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

Default Just Wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    People actually put beer in caches for FTF? Is that why so many people would run you off the road to get FTF? I bet we get a lot more 13 year olds caching now!
    I saw this in the closed thread as well. I'd like to think that someone is not actually placing alcohol in the caches, regardless of whether they know their adult buddies will be there within minutes of it being published. There are numerous situations where someone else might happen to get there first or if a muggle found it, it might cause issues where a bad light would be placed on caching. Coupons and giftcards are a different story. I know i've found questionable items like lighters in caches and usually take them out as I cache with my kids and don't want them having access to that kind of stuff. While the McToys maybe be poor trading items, I'll take my kids having access to those anyday over fire and booze.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I agree, leaving beer in caches makes cachers as whole look bad if it ends up in the wrong hands or is otherwise reported. I wonder legally - if a minor retrieved the beer if the person who placed it could be charged for supplying alcohol to a minor?

I've only seen a beer in one cache, Iceman, which is a tougher cache to get to and hidden well enough that it would not be found unintentionally, but it is still not a good idea. One of the cachers in our party took it in his own hands to destroy the evidence - and felt it was deserved since our guide who shall not be mentioned (pjpreb has heard that story one too many times) got us lost.

I have found several knives, matches and other items on gc.com's list of items not allowed in caches.
    Last edited by brdad; 04-27-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I think beer in caches makes other cachers look better. A few in a cache and I might be taking a crack at you.

Love finding interesting lighters in caches especially if they work. Always need a lighter for my cigar in the rain.

I know, I know, rules.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I think beer in caches makes other cachers look better. A few in a cache and I might be taking a crack at you.
    After this and the fact that beer goggles were a door prize the the breakfast event, I'm having second thoughts on going way out in the woods with Mike on the search for Halfmile...BRDAD, can you go out ahead of time and make sure there's no beer in the final?
    Last edited by brdad; 04-27-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Fear not, I have Mike's day all planned out. I bet he's never heard the Legend of Halfmile Pond. Muahahahahaha!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I've only seen a beer in one cache, Iceman, which is a tougher cache to get to and hidden well enough that it would not be found unintentionally, but it is still not a good idea. One of the cachers in our party took it in his own hands to destroy the evidence - and felt it was deserved since our guide who shall not be mentioned (pjpreb has heard that story one too many times) got us lost.
    Ohdearlordherewegoagain...For the last time and FOR THE RECORD *I* was not in possession of a GPSr when those of you who *had* GPSr's in their hands "got lost"
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Are you kidding? Tuborg was great compared to one brand we had on the other side of the country: Efes. It literally killed a guy I knew. (Really!)

But it must have improved over the years if the Alstrom brothers gave it a "B+" and commented that it was "very good".

Efes! Lordy I had forgotten about that. I believe that it could kill. I'm pretty sure we dropped it on the Republican Guard
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Politicians Finally Do Something Right!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    hah, did you read some of the comments about the article? some people just can't let other people enjoy themselves....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Interesting beer study

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!