vb:literal>

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

Well, #1 son got his PHD this afternoon, and we retired to the "Chicago Underground" pub/restaurant. Since we'd had a big lunch at a great BBQ restaurant (sorry - can't find a link), we settled for bruschetta and pitcher of Schlafly's Pale Ale. Not too bad. Better after you've had a couple...

Default Like father like son?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Well, #1 son got his PHD this afternoon, and we retired to the "Chicago Underground" pub/restaurant. Since we'd had a big lunch at a great BBQ restaurant (sorry - can't find a link), we settled for bruschetta and pitcher of Schlafly's Pale Ale. Not too bad. Better after you've had a couple...

I bet the son's PHD is better than the dad's.......as we've all seen here, dad's is Piled Higher and Deeper.

Congrats to you and your family on Son #1's accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I bet the son's PHD is better than the dad's.......as we've all seen here, dad's is Piled Higher and Deeper.
    What's that supposed to mean?

Sheesh! Just found out that they don't sell beer on Sunday in Arkansas. Glad I was prepared! LOL!

Congrats on your son's PhD - that is an awesome accomplishment - one of which, I am sure you are very proud.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Congrats on your son's PhD - that is an awesome accomplishment - one of which, I am sure you are very proud.
    Yeah, we are. He's submitted job applications at the usual places: McDonalds, Best Buy, State Government... Hopefully he'll get something. LOL!

(Back on thread... We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday last night. They're considered a "private club" so they can serve beer, and you have to "sign in" when you enter. We had Sam Adams "Seasonal" Summer Ale.)

On to Texas!

Dallas. Hot. 104 degrees. Sheesh!

(But at least they're "beer friendly" here. Went to a drive-thru beer store and got some "Modelo". Since we're in Texas, we need to try the "local" beer.)

(Which reminds me - we're taking RULost2?'s sister to a Turkish restaurant tonight, and I'm having an Efes beer (Refer to previous thread...)
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 08-09-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Default Oh no!!!!!!!!!

News article on WCHS6 this morning......Beer prices going up 40%!!!!!

You two better stock up now.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    News article on WCHS6 this morning......Beer prices going up 40%!!!!!

You two better stock up now.
    I Googled this and couldn't find anything. Sheesh! Maybe we dodged a bullet...

Tonight's beer: Yuengling Traditional Lager. (We'll be in Pennsylvania tomorrow - home of Yuengling - so I think I'll pick up a couple of cases to bring back in case JustKev is right! )

the news story said something about a poor barley crop in europe of something.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.