vb:literal>

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I have one in my hand right now. The hannaford in China has a nice selection. Have you tried the 90 minute?
    Sheesh! Tried the 90 minute? I've just discovered the 60 minute - and it sure wasn't in Solon! LOL!

I'm heading back to Portland tomorrow - I remember seeing it there when I was there earlier in the week - so I'll probably have some tomorrow night.

I also tried some Sam Adams "Latitude 48 IPA", but was disappointed. After all - it was all about hops, but you can barely taste the hops.

I enjoyed the latitude 48 but I do agree that the taste was a little lacking. If you like the Dogfish 60 i think you really will enjoy the 90 minute!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I enjoyed the latitude 48 but I do agree that the taste was a little lacking. If you like the Dogfish 60 i think you really will enjoy the 90 minute!
    I'll let you know tomorrow. LOL! I saw the program on (Discovery Channel?) about the Dogfish Head brewery, and I was interested, so I bought their stuff when I saw it.

Does anyone have the 1981 Budweiser Holiday Stein that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price? It is called "Snowy Woodlands" and is the only one missing in our collection. My dad gave Pete a Bud stein for Christmas when we were dating in 1983 and we have every year since then. We were able to purchase 1980 and 1982 but have not been successful in locating 1981.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Does anyone have the 1981 Budweiser Holiday Stein that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price? It is called "Snowy Woodlands" and is the only one missing in our collection. My dad gave Pete a Bud stein for Christmas when we were dating in 1983 and we have every year since then. We were able to purchase 1980 and 1982 but have not been successful in locating 1981.
    I put "1981 Budweiser Holiday Stein" in a Google search. They ain't cheap, are they? Batch of them on eBay though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I put "1981 Budweiser Holiday Stein" in a Google search. They ain't cheap, are they? Batch of them on eBay though.
    Yes - eBay has quite a few...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    When you click on the link that lists the number of bids it looks like a single person keeps upping their own bid. What is up with that? I don't understand how ebay works. I've purchased a couple of "buy it now" items but I have never won a bid.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    When you click on the link that lists the number of bids it looks like a single person keeps upping their own bid. What is up with that? I don't understand how ebay works. I've purchased a couple of "buy it now" items but I have never won a bid.
    It's the way eBay works.

Say the bidding starts at $5, with a $5 bidding increment. The maximum you want to pay is $50. So you bid $50, but the actual bid shows up at $5, the starting bid.

Another guy comes along and bids $10. But you've already bid higher with your maximum bid, so the actual bid (in your favor) shows up at $15. This keeps up until you win the bid, or someone bids more than your $50 maximum.

Yes, you keep seeing the same name over and over again, but that is because he's bidding against someone else. Perfectly normal (and I hope you were able to follow this description).

I've been an eBay member since 1996, and have a feedback rating of 468, so I've done a few transactions! LOL! Much of my Christmas shopping will be on eBay.

Well written, WhereRWe?. We've done a number of transactions on eBay as well. Both as a seller and a buyer. You can get good deals there and you can also run into some people who are less than honest. You have avenues on eBay to protect yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    It's the way eBay works.

Say the bidding starts at $5, with a $5 bidding increment. The maximum you want to pay is $50. So you bid $50, but the actual bid shows up at $5, the starting bid.

Another guy comes along and bids $10. But you've already bid higher with your maximum bid, so the actual bid (in your favor) shows up at $15. This keeps up until you win the bid, or someone bids more than your $50 maximum.

Yes, you keep seeing the same name over and over again, but that is because he's bidding against someone else. Perfectly normal (and I hope you were able to follow this description).

I've been an eBay member since 1996, and have a feedback rating of 468, so I've done a few transactions! LOL! Much of my Christmas shopping will be on eBay.
    Thanks that helps a lot. I bid again on a stein but did not win the item. I'll keep trying. It would be nice to complete the collection but I'm patient enough to get a good price (maybe after Christmas it will be more reasonable)