vb:literal>

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Thanks that helps a lot. I bid again on a stein but did not win the item. I'll keep trying. It would be nice to complete the collection but I'm patient enough to get a good price (maybe after Christmas it will be more reasonable)
    Remember: A lot of the bidding occurs in the last minute of the auction. Submitting a bid when the auction has 15 seconds left will often win it.

My latest eBay win was on some Iranian saffron, being shipped from Egypt. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Remember: A lot of the bidding occurs in the last minute of the auction. Submitting a bid when the auction has 15 seconds left will often win it.

My latest eBay win was on some Iranian saffron, being shipped from Egypt. LOL!
    I have a hard time staying up that late. The bids I've been involved in go until almost midnight EST. I'll keep trying

Congrats on your saffron. Can't say I'm very familiar with it other than i think it is a spice and I think it is yellowish/orangish in color
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Congrats on your saffron. Can't say I'm very familiar with it other than i think it is a spice and I think it is yellowish/orangish in color
    Saffron. We like to add a pinch to rice. Gives it a great golden color and a wonderful flavor.

Default Tonight's Brew...

Tonight I'm finishing off the Harpoon UFO - Unfiltered Offering - India Pale Ale.

Nice. But then, Harpoon is on the top of my list of favorites.

Default Season's Best Christmas Beers

Go Here...

From the reviews, I think my favorite would be Santa's Private Reserve.

Default Last Years Stocking

Had this holiday brew in my stocking last year, proof that my wife does love me

Lump of Coal
    Any day caching is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    Had this holiday brew in my stocking last year, proof that my wife does love me

Lump of Coal
    Great idea!

I have a hard time staying up that late. The bids I've been involved in go until almost midnight EST. I'll keep trying

You can buy saffron rice in any grocery store, right here in the good old USofA, keeping our $$$ in this country and State. It's usually in the soup isle , It is yellow and has a nice rich flavor. I make it with Liguica and peas. The colors and the flavors compliment each other nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    You can buy saffron rice in any grocery store, right here in the good old USofA, keeping our $$$ in this country and State. It's usually in the soup isle , It is yellow and has a nice rich flavor. I make it with Liguica and peas. The colors and the flavors compliment each other nicely.
    I note neither saffron or rice are grown in Maine, and although you can also buy spaghetti in a can, I prefer to make my own from scratch. LOL! You can usually buy saffron itself in nearly any grocery store, but if you prefer to use packaged mixes, go for it.

Speaking of "keeping our $$$ in this country and State", did you know that Hannaford is owned by a Belgian company - Delhaize? And Shaw's is owned by a company based in Minnesota.

Talking

Woo, Thank Goodness they pay their Maine Employees in USD.
    And if someone likes to eat Saffron rice alot or Use it in their cooking, They definatly should buy the spice. Didn't know they sold it in Hannaford, Cool!!! I figure , one could get it in the Mall.
    I do like Hannaford, Shaws is a little to expensive for me and you don't need a discount card at Hannaford. And Hannaford is closer to where I live. I hope I save a little gasoline,which hopefully helps in the long run to.
    But before too long Walmart will run the "store" world .
    Speaking of beer, Do you watch the Dogfish( I think That's the name) Brewery show. It was on last night. They went to egypt to get yeast spores from the air.MMMmmmmmmm
    Spores!
    Opalsns