vb:literal>

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Introducing Samuel Adams "Wee Heavy".

We are proud to welcome the newest addition to our Samuel Adams Imperial Series, the intense and smoky Wee Heavy, available beginning in late February. This dark and slightly sweet Scotch Ale uses malt which is smoked over peat, giving the beer an earthy and smoky character with layers of deep complexity. Enjoy this warming beer on its own, or pair it with dishes like carnitas or pork belly, where the smokiness of the Wee Heavy will nicely play up the roasted flavors of the pork.

(I don't usually drink very dark beers, but this sounds GOOD! )
    If I drink many of ANY beer I tend to wee heavy

(That does sound like a good beer though...)

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I just finished a new home brew by my brother. I will save one for you Bruce. A very hoppy brew. I will bring it to the wwwwwwwwwwwww event.
    A few people at the WWWWWW7 event noticed that I got a door prize myself. LOL! I haven't tried it yet - I'm saving it for an "occasion". Thanks!

I did find Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA in Waterville today. I'll try that tomorrow.

A few people at the WWWWWW7 event noticed that I got a door prize myself. LOL! I haven't tried it yet - I'm saving it for an "occasion". Thanks!

I did find Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA in Waterville today. I'll try that tomorrow.
    I need to know where in waterville! If the sun rises is that not an occasion?
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I need to know where in waterville! If the sun rises is that not an occasion?
    Shaw's in Waterville - at the left-hand end of the beer cooler - just into the non-refrigerated brews.

If the sun rises is that not an occasion?
    An occasion to drink beer, yes. But a special beer takes a special occasion - and someone to share the experience with. RULost2? is not much of a beer drinker, and my beer-drinking neighbor hasn't stopped by in a while. But when he does...

An occasion to drink beer, yes. But a special beer takes a special occasion - and someone to share the experience with. RULost2? is not much of a beer drinker, and my beer-drinking neighbor hasn't stopped by in a while. But when he does...
    If you were not so far away I would bring more and we could uh go caching!

If you were not so far away I would bring more and we could uh go caching!
    Sheesh! I can't think of any caches in this area that we could find in the snow. Maybe we could spend the time calibrating our GPSr's?

Sheesh! I can't think of any caches in this area that we could find in the snow. Maybe we could spend the time calibrating our GPSr's?
    True but if we happen to drink a beer than spinning around in a circle is probably not a good idea!

True but if we happen to drink a beer than spinning around in a circle is probably not a good idea!
    I've got a couple of office chairs that rotate, so at least we'd be sitting down.

you're putting too much thought into drinking beer! I just let it happen naturally. I didn't know that homebrew was from another cacher, I thought you brought it because you didn't like the selection of beverages at big g's. (it was a little hard to hear everything with all the noise, those darn rowdy cahcer types...)

ya know, it was discussed a few years ago about having a homebrew-cache event, but there was only a few that showed interest, I wonder how many would show interest now.... ?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.