vb:literal>

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Hiram and WhereRwe's Beer Chat Thread

As I said on May 21, when in Canada, drink Canadian beer! Tonight, it's Sleeman's Cream ale. But I know what we're having tomorrow - since we saw it in the NBAlcohol store: Moosehead Light Ginger. Sheesh! A ginger-laced beer sounds great!

(Sheesh! Why is it that most of the Canadians leaving the store were carrying Budweiser or Coors???)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    As I said on May 21, when in Canada, drink Canadian beer! Tonight, it's Sleeman's Cream ale. But I know what we're having tomorrow - since we saw it in the NBAlcohol store: Moosehead Light Ginger. Sheesh! A ginger-laced beer sounds great!

(Sheesh! Why is it that most of the Canadians leaving the store were carrying Budweiser or Coors???)
    According to my sister, Moosehead is an "American" beer. Don't be swayed by it. True Maritimers drink Alexander Keith's. Now, I must confess, I'm sitting in Nova Scotia right now drinking a Geary's Summer Ale. My sister was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    According to my sister, Moosehead is an "American" beer. Don't be swayed by it. True Maritimers drink Alexander Keith's. Now, I must confess, I'm sitting in Nova Scotia right now drinking a Geary's Summer Ale. My sister was not impressed.
    Well, RULost2? and I have toured at least 12 breweries during our travels, and the Moosehead Brewery in St. John, NB was definitely the best we've been on. But we got rained on heavily at the Antigonish Highland Games yesterday, and bought a case of Nova
    Scotia's own Oland Export Ale
    on the way back to the hotel. Also good stuff! (Sadly, now owned by Labatt's, a division of Anheuser-Busch/InBev! LOL!)

Have you tried "Alexander's Keiths India Pale Ale?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Have you tried "Alexander's Keiths India Pale Ale?"
    Sheesh! Only about 1,000 times! LOL! (Have even toured the brewery in Halifax...) (And as a matter of fact, we even saw it on sale in HAWAII - although you can't get it right next door in Maine.)

And I have recently seen "Alexander Keith's Nova Scotia Style Lager" for sale in Maine. Sure doesn't taste like anything from Canada, though...

More about Moosehead Light Ginger, which I mentioned a few days ago. We went out to a restaurant in Saint John, NB, and RULost2? ordered a Moosehead Light Ginger at my suggestion (OK - I forced her...).

But I tried it and it was GREAT! Very refreshing, not a weird flavor like you'd expect from a ginger-flavored beer. More like ginger ale with a kick! Definitely worth trying if you get to New Brunswick.

Portland Brew Festival! Old Port, Portland, Sep 3-4.

Ahhhhhhh, finally some exciting information! Thanks.