vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flooding

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Flooding

hey guys, check out these pics...this rain we're getting in southern NH is crazy! already have a couple inches in my basement and my backyard is almost gone...about 10 feet from the house. also, notice the crack in the basement wall? there are about 6 holes like that...

"When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Sheesh! Wonder how RULOST2? and I do on our 4-day caching trip to southern New England tomorrow! We don't mind rain, but flooding is not on the activity list.

Look at the brightside --- invite the neighboorhood kids for a pool party -- thier choice, indoor or out.

But on the serious note... we get water in my driveway crazy all the time, it also goes in the basement, and I live in the basement... not fun.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

my kids keep asking to go out and play in the water...i'm still debating! )
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMan
    my kids keep asking to go out and play in the water...i'm still debating! )
    Sheesh! Go with them! Sounds like fun!

I got a dnf, Route 1 is closed due to flooding at the Merriland River Cachje.

I heard about the weather in Southern Maine/N.H. Pretty radical difference in the weather, it's 70 and sunny in Bangor and has been all day. Hope your basement dries out soon, been there....

Post I saw it...

I went to Waterville with the Mrs for Mothers Day and we were always thinking about the weather forcast. Turns out that Sat and Sun were very nice, in Waterville. As we headed south ,yesterday, things were good till we got to Portland and it got progressively worse as we continued south. Decided we would stay over in Portsmouth, NH. It poured all night. This morning at breakfast a couple I talked with spent the night in the motel because they had to leave their home. Some areas reportedly had 10 inches of rain! Today as we headed across NH and VT we saw lots of swollen streams. We began to come out of it in VT and NY. It is really a bad storm!

A house is not a home without a cat.

We're currently in southern Massachusetts for a caching trip, and there is water EVERYWHERE. Most schools in the area are closed tomorrow. Major tie-ups on I95 south of Boston (glad we decided to go I495 to I93 or we would have spent the afternoon in stop-and-go on I95!) We passed up a couple of caches this afternoon because of the water. But tomorrow is supposed to be better!

I am in Concord NH this week and the water is just crazy. I am having a blast driving my Suby through flooded parking lots and checking out the closed roads. So far I have done two caches and one DNF but I plan on hitting some more tomorrow.