vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Personal Best Record!!

Default Personal Best Record!!

Mrs. Hiram and I just did 20 caches in one day! This is a new record for us, we drove down to lewiston today and just about "Micro Cached" ourselves to death. I was just curious as to what other people had for personal best records...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Brad (Mainiac1957) and myself did 21 up in the county last fall. Thats our personal best for finds with no DNF's.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I think the most I did in one day was 19. Like you I was all micro-ed out. The Nebraska town I was in seemed to have had a micro frenzy going on.

My best for one day in Maine is still only 11, which I have tied several times. I did get more doing some D.C. virts, but that's doesn't count for me. But, you have to figure I had the state nearly cached out before there was a micro under every lamp post.

Thumbs up My best solo day...

was also 21. That was starting at 6AM and finishing at 6PM. There were 2 DNF's in the bunch, as well as some long hikes. I started in Dexter. Went through Skowhegan(picking up my 200 find). Into Waterville, down towards Unity, Thorndike, Brooks and a few other place down that way. Needless to say it was a long day. No grab and go micros that day at all. No one had started putting those out up here yet. I can't even remember how many miles I put on, but it was a bunch.
    Happy Trails!

Post Personal Best

I think our personal best was 17 in one day...but that also was before the micro frenzy. If I remember correctly, we started in Bangor and drove to Portland picking up caches along the way. The last one we did that day was a micro at a guy's camp outside of Auburn...can't remember the cache name. We did five yesterday...at a cost of about $10 a cache on a Mother's Day trip to Greenville and over to Millinocket via the Golden Rd. No micros. Great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    We did five yesterday...at a cost of about $10 a cache on a Mother's Day trip to Greenville and over to Millinocket via the Golden Rd. No micros. Great day!!
    Now that's an even MORE interesting statistic to consider - what is the most you've paid to bag a cache! LOL!

I'd have to say that ours was the trip we made to Sherbrooke, Quebec a couple of weeks ago. Took us 2 1/2 hours each way, $20 for lunch, about $70 for gas, and we got ONE cache! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Now that's an even MORE interesting statistic to consider - what is the most you've paid to bag a cache! LOL!

I'd have to say that ours was the trip we made to Sherbrooke, Quebec a couple of weeks ago. Took us 2 1/2 hours each way, $20 for lunch, about $70 for gas, and we got ONE cache! LOL!
    wow, i don't feel so bad now! i have to drive at least an hour to get to the closest unfound cache. after that, there are plenty! my best is 14 in a day. a lot of driving and a lot of hours.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

My best is only 8 and we could have grabbed some more, but my wife was tired of tromping around in the woods, so we called it a day. My longest day of caching was way back in the spring of 2002. With careful planning and lots of driving I managed to find 7 and came up short on #8 because the park was closing at sunset just as I get there. In that same area now I'm sure I could grab 20-30 with a lot less effort.

Default Most in one day

10 seems to be the number. We have reached that number on several occasions. A couple of times with KK, and just yesterday with kayakerinme and Ordinary Shark. We tend to enjoy the caches we find, and the best ones are on top of mountains. That takes some time for me to get to the top. Our trip to Phippsburg last October was one of my favorite areas to cache in. I've also been taught to stop and read everything. Or take a picture and read it later.

The excursion that we took last February to Quebec for 3 days, and 6 caches, was probally the most expensive. Even more if the Tahoe were STILL in the underground parking garage. Lots of fun and worth every Canadian penny.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.