vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Personal Best Record!!

how much of it do you think they remember? i bet they didnt come across anything but micros in guard rails all day
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    That's slightly better than one successful find every 6 minutes for 24 hours! I'm thinking they aren't hiking any mountains that day
    And I question the validity of this many finds. Unless there's a micro under EVERY lightpost, this seems impossible.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    how much of it do you think they remember? i bet they didnt come across anything but micros in guard rails all day

Hey some micros in gaurd rail are tough, I can think of one up in this next of the woods that you wouldnt find right away

Here is link to Today's Cacher describing a previous 24 hour record that has been broken since then and I'll try and find the link to the new record holders
    article.
    http://www.todayscacher.com/2004/nov/people3.asp
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Couldn't find the correct article but the record was set at Geowoodstock 111 in a 24 hour periond it was 263 caches by these cachers. They were hoping for 275.

http://www.nefga.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20708&
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

As mentioned by others I can't imagine doing that many caches would be much fun . . . I'm guessing that there were not very many scenic caches or long walks (shoot, sounds like there were not many short walks either).

Personally, I would rather do a handful and remember each and every one then do a blitz like this and not be able to remember #5 from #112. When I cache (even on my geocaching blitz-days -- every third weekend since that's when I have a whole day to myself since Heidi works) I'm able to remember each and every cache and to me that's what makes geocaching great. But then again, this is just me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Not sure what our personal best is (Sheesh! Who worries about the numbers? ), but we grabbed 15 today in southern Masachusetts and Rhode Island, and only ONE was an "urban micro".

(Hey! There are some BEAUTIFUL parks in southern Rhode Island. We're glad we came.)

I did 19 today and not a one was a micro. In fact most were in the woods. I must have walked 6 or 8 miles throughout the day. A lot of fun though, especially with all the flooding around Concord.

Msteelee and me beat our old record onf 11 Maine caches in a day and jumped up to 24, most of them got in the micro capital of Maine (Lewiston). We didn';t push real hard, even hit a few yard sales in the process. Why isn't there a yard sale locationless? I must admit, I'm not as proud of those 24 as I am of my first record of 11 in a day, which was in the Boothbay area. Some micros may be hard to find, but some are very predictable, and not having to walk even a quarter mile to a cache sure cuts down on the time it takes to do them.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Mrs. Hiram and I just did 20 caches in one day! This is a new record for us, we drove down to lewiston today and just about "Micro Cached" ourselves to death. I was just curious as to what other people had for personal best records...
    Girlmate and I picked up Mainiac1957 today in Rumsford and cached our way to the MGA event and on the way there and home we picked up 27 my new record. THat was alot. At one point it was so hot that we decided to just sit in the car and enjoy the ac