Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: RE: Geo-cache or geo-trash

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kenduskeag,Maine
    Posts
    305

    Exclamation Gail finally speaks...

    DITTO! What you guys all said!
    This chick is certainly not from the GREAT STATE of MAINE!
    How dare she **** on us New Englanders/Maritimers.
    Has she only seen snakes and lizards in her outings? How about the waterfalls, a natural slate quarry, a grove of christmas trees. a baby moose. Her world is way too small for me to live in.
    Hey Maniac...If you can track her I'll have the gun and bullet and someone else just needs the shovel and we can add her to this great eco-system of ours.( not really, the eco-system wouldn't survive it)
    The world was here long before we got here and will be here a long time after.

    Gail of "DAVE and GAIL"

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,574

    Talking Uh OH

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail
    DITTO! What you guys all said!
    This chick is certainly not from the GREAT STATE of MAINE!
    How dare she **** on us New Englanders/Maritimers.
    Has she only seen snakes and lizards in her outings? How about the waterfalls, a natural slate quarry, a grove of christmas trees. a baby moose. Her world is way too small for me to live in.
    Hey Maniac...If you can track her I'll have the gun and bullet and someone else just needs the shovel and we can add her to this great eco-system of ours.( not really, the eco-system wouldn't survive it)
    The world was here long before we got here and will be here a long time after.

    Gail of "DAVE and GAIL"
    I think we have awoken the sleeping beast in Gail with this thread.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I think we have awoken the sleeping beast in Gail with this thread.
    glad she's on our side...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Windsor, Maine
    Posts
    40

    Angry We've hit on a theme here.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Let's go hunt her down I say. OK,OK that may be a little drastic, but darn it all. A bit too much I think.
    I say we turn the writer of that commentary, into a geocache. Then there'd definitely be a search for geo-junk. LOL! Maybe we can land the helicopter on her while we're attempting to not step on the "unspoiled" habitat. Somehow I think her feet would curl up, like under the house in the Wizard of Oz.

    Man, her sister was GREAT in that role..... "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little CACHE, too!"

    No offense to witches out there.....

    I think most of us do our part to limit our impact on the environment, and as others have noted, I've seen areas improved by this sport. This person should definitely get a life, and stop the noise pollution her ranting and raving must cause to anyone in close proximity.
    To Cache or NOT to cache.....IS there a question?

  5. #15
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail
    DITTO! What you guys all said!
    This chick is certainly not from the GREAT STATE of MAINE!
    How dare she **** on us New Englanders/Maritimers.
    Has she only seen snakes and lizards in her outings? How about the waterfalls, a natural slate quarry, a grove of christmas trees. a baby moose. Her world is way too small for me to live in.
    Hey Maniac...If you can track her I'll have the gun and bullet and someone else just needs the shovel and we can add her to this great eco-system of ours.( not really, the eco-system wouldn't survive it)
    The world was here long before we got here and will be here a long time after.

    Gail of "DAVE and GAIL"
    Hey Gail that was beautiful, You should write more often yah we need a little spunk from time to time

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Geez, didn't realize this article would provoke so many people into wanting to inflict bodily damage on a person. I have a better suggestion though instead of grabbing the pitchforks and flaming torches . . . as you can see the Driven magazine page thoughtfully includes an e-mail address which to me indicates that some well-thought-out and pointed letters might be beneficial. Of course, this is just one person's irrational thoughts.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Windsor, Maine
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Good point, FFJ! Why should we return spiteful comments to her prejudiced disdain?

    Because we can, and because it's fun. LOL!

    I'm glad we have a forum like this to vent our frustrations about such things, hopefully before we respond to her at her e-mail address with venom & hellfire. We wouldn't want to give her more fuel for thinking the sport is a waste of time, and pollutes the environment. (What is she SMOKIN'? Can I have some? =) ).

    Some ppl just don't know a good think if it walks up and slaps them. But what "good things" DO that? Let's put our thinking caps on and really impress her with our intelligent arguments. Or at least try, I'm thinking she's a well-entrenched muggle who's not going to convert to loving the sport anytime soon.
    To Cache or NOT to cache.....IS there a question?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Central, Maine
    Posts
    604

    Post

    Now folks....everyone is entitled to their opinion...even if it is WRONG!!. And Gail has very subtly tried to point her in the right direction!!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kenduskeag,Maine
    Posts
    305

    Default David says!?

    This is Gail again and am just responding to all those wonderful comments to my post.
    David says I need to publicly apologize to the nice lady in California . Sooo...
    I am sorry if I affended her or anyone else. Sometimes this Maritimer can be very headstrong with her feelings and not back down if she really believes in something strongly.
    David also apologizes for his post being somewhat crude and for giving me someone to look up too in this new hobby of ours.
    Many of you do not know me and only a few have met me, but I am really a very nice person and would not consider harming anyone unless they intentionally do something to the people I care about.

    P.S. I am a good shot though.

  10. #20
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail
    This is Gail again and am just responding to all those wonderful comments to my post.
    David says I need to publicly apologize to the nice lady in California . Sooo...
    I am sorry if I affended her or anyone else. Sometimes this Maritimer can be very headstrong with her feelings and not back down if she really believes in something strongly.
    David also apologizes for his post being somewhat crude and for giving me someone to look up too in this new hobby of ours.
    Many of you do not know me and only a few have met me, but I am really a very nice person and would not consider harming anyone unless they intentionally do something to the people I care about.

    P.S. I am a good shot though.
    I SAY GIVE HER A GUN AND A PLANE TICKET!!!

    No sorries needed here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •