vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geo-Jeep Rally

Default Geo-Jeep Rally

Well as said in the thread about the MGA Geo-Rally, there are those of us that are considering a Jeep Geo Rally, going after off road caches. I don't think it would be a race like event though, as i think it is more fun to go off roading in groups. How many people would be interested in doing something like this??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Count us in!!!

i'll tace you on my moutain bike!

Seriously though, I would be interested in trying to bike the same course.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    i'll tace you on my moutain bike!

Seriously though, I would be interested in trying to bike the same course.
    well, im getting a roof rack for my jeep, so if ya get tired we can just throw it on top... sorry no warranties if jeep rolls over...

i don't have a jeep or anything with 4 wheel drive, but i would love to do this!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

well im sure those of us with 4x4s could spare some room, I have 2 seats that would be available.

I suggest that anyone wanting to participate have something capable of doing some nasty stuff... Stock jeeps are good, Jake says his 4 runner is good, land rovers (the old style) are more than adequate (the new ones just dont have it anymore) I wouldn't try it with a suby or anything with a low clearance (don't get me wrong I love the suby's but I wanna do some fun stuff, not just dirt roads... which leads to my next question... does anyone know of good 4x4 cahes that are in a general area??? the ones ive done that were fun with 4x4 have been the "ice man" "hedgehog hill" and i think it was "blueberry hill" it was one of jakes, those were all fun for 5 minute rides to the top, but I'm lookin for somethin a bit longer more outta the way. There's gotta be some good ones up north... if not, i think we should change this to a Jeep Cache Placing Rally... we can drive out to the middle of nowhere and hide a cache...

The XJs will lead the way! I suppose we'll have to allow non-Jeepers too, eh?

Ideas for caches?

I haven't done any *real* hardcore ones, but Foster's solitude was a little challenging for a stock XJ (Cherokee to you non-Jeep types ;-).

Way more than a 5 minute ride, and lots of other nice country up that way and quite a few caches.

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    The XJs will lead the way! I suppose we'll have to allow non-Jeepers too, eh?

Ideas for caches?

I haven't done any *real* hardcore ones, but Hedgehog hill and Foster's solitude were a little challenging.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    hedghog hill is short and sweet... but geeze we could probably only fit 2 jeeps up there at a time, where's fosters solitude?

Blue Sky Golden Dreams GCKN57 fits the bill.
    Depending on how wet the ground is... "The Living End" GC6438 is right near by.
    You don't need 4WD, but "Chillin' with the Troll King" GCTRAR is right between them, posted on 3/6/06 and I'm the only one that's tried to find it! Might need your wading boots for it.