vb:literal>

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mga Geo Rallye

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Hmmm... Nothing about this event on their site...

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    If it's not your cup of tea, then why bother posting that you don't like the idea, or that you don't want to spend the money, or that you don't like the idea of sitting in a car all day? I'm sorry, but this escapes me.
    Why do we post that we don't like the idea? Because we can. That's what these forums are all about. We express our opinions. Sometimes we say great things about something, sometimes we have less than favorable comments. But this is America! (Cue "Stars and Stripes Forever").

And if you don't like what we say, you are perfectly free to complain - like you just have! Isn't this a GREAT country???

Default Way off topic... but I'm venting

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Why do we post that we don't like the idea? Because we can. That's what these forums are all about. We express our opinions. Sometimes we say great things about something, sometimes we have less than favorable comments. But this is America! (Cue "Stars and Stripes Forever").

And if you don't like what we say, you are perfectly free to complain - like you just have! Isn't this a GREAT country???
    <vent mode on>
    Yes, this is the United States of America, and it is a great country. But I have been taught to be respectful of others and their feelings. You are welcome to make a less than favorable comment, many in fact.

To me, there is a huge difference between saying, "40 bucks to go caching for a day - you've got to be kidding." and "I don't like that there's an entry fee for the event. I'd participate if you could get some sponsors. Thanks but I'll pass and see you at the next event."

I think there's been a lot more of the former than the latter lately and I'm a little tired of it. I'm not going back through the threads to find specific examples, but that's my feeling about the way the board has been lately.

I know I'll be tromped on for this post but I'm done posting for tonight. I need to step away and clear my head.

Thanks for reading this. Vent mode is now off.
    <vent mode off>

d’76 Guest

<vent mode on>
    Yes, this is the United States of America, and it is a great country. But I have been taught to be respectful of others and their feelings. You are welcome to make a less than favorable comment, many in fact.

To me, there is a huge difference between saying, "40 bucks to go caching for a day - you've got to be kidding." and "I don't like that there's an entry fee for the event. I'd participate if you could get some sponsors. Thanks but I'll pass and see you at the next event."

I think there's been a lot more of the former than the latter lately and I'm a little tired of it. I'm not going back through the threads to find specific examples, but that's my feeling about the way the board has been lately.

I know I'll be tromped on for this post but I'm done posting for tonight. I need to step away and clear my head.

Thanks for reading this. Vent mode is now off.
    <vent mode off>
    Oh man I can see the gloves coming off before long. What I am saying is that if there are going to be between 20 and 24 (log-able) caches in 5 counties. I dont need to give anyone 40 bucks for anything. If they are logable I will go find them on my own.

If it's not your cup of tea, then why bother posting that you don't like the idea, or that you don't want to spend the money, or that you don't like the idea of sitting in a car all day? I'm sorry, but this escapes me.
    Why is it that folks make generalizations about everyone who post here? I feel I have to defend my earlier post. I can't justify the expense in light of the fact I would be denying my children a day at the beach. If that makes my earlier post negative, that is an issue you will simply have to get over. I retract my earlier statement, I wish everyone good luck and lots of fun except those who feel they are righteous enough to condemn those of us who post a legitimate reason why we will not attend. If I don't post then you're the type who will comment that we are boycotting the event for some other fabricated reason. The proverbial rock and the hard place. If you feel it isn't legit feel free to PM me and not make generalizations in a public forum condemning me for my reasoning or this negativity you feel that I as well as everyone but you are giving off.

Oh, I also posted that I cannot attend the CITO event in Bangor. My reasoning was a previous engagement, is that post OK???? Was it too negative????? Do you think because I can't/won't go that I hate the idea of a CITO event???? Maybe I just shouldn't have posted that way the organizer can wonder why I didn't show up????

d’76 Guest

Keep in mind I think that all of us in here including the ones that may not agree or what ever with this or cant afford it or dont want to go, appreciate the amount of work that these guys are putting in to this. I know that I do and remember I have said it probably 100 times that I have never met a cacher that I didnt like. I would go have a beer with every one of them after a day of caching. If you look at how many events I have organized you will see that I havent put any togeather. I dont want to do it. So kudos to them, I think it would be fun for the folks that attend. I think if my circumstances where different I would give it a try. So, to the folks that are organizing this you have more patience than I and more initiative than I and much more discipline. I would give up half way through.

Default Whata ya mean???

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    Oh, I also posted that I cannot attend the CITO event in Bangor. My reasoning was a previous engagement, is that post OK???? Was it too negative????? Do you think because I can't/won't go that I hate the idea of a CITO event???? Maybe I just shouldn't have posted that way the organizer can wonder why I didn't show up????
    You're not coming to my event

OK I knew that..........
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    My guess is it is the newly formed association of "Southern" Maine geocachers they've been talking about. I assume it stands for "Maine Geocachers Association"
    By no means a true representative of all Maine goecachers.
    Smitty, looking at your picture, you seam like a happy famliy man with a couple nice kids. If the kids at school treated your kids the way you treat fellow geo cachers you'd be upset. (And your a grownup, or suppose to be) None of us geocachers down in the southern part of the state have done anything to cause you to treat us the way you do. The comment that you placed on the geosite page for rallye today was completely uncalled for.
    We have formed the Maine Geocaching Assoc. and every cacher in the state is welcome to join if they wish. We exclude no-one.
    In my life, in my business, in geocacging, and in everything I do, I bend over backwards to make friends and to get along with everyone I meet. Life is too short to antagonize, insult, belittle, and insult, instead of being friendly. I'm sorry that for whatever reason you don't like me, but to my knowledge I've never done any wrong to you. John

<CENTER> </CENTER>
    This is Maine’s first Geo-rallye adventure and since you may not know what a Geo-Rallye is I’ll explain.

No thanks, have fun folks but this just ain't our cup of tea. We'll continue to enjoy our walks in the woods and be happy with it. The last thing that I would consider fun would be having to wait in line at a cache while those before me signed the log. Then I suppose I'd feel hurried to sign it so those behind me didn't have to wait very long. But like I said.....to those that enjoy this type of caching......have fun![/quote]

<CENTER> </CENTER>
    This is Maine’s first Geo-rallye adventure and since you may not know what a Geo-Rallye is I’ll explain.

No thanks, have fun folks but this just ain't our cup of tea. We'll continue to enjoy our walks in the woods and be happy with it. The last thing that I would consider fun would be having to wait in line at a cache while those before me signed the log. Then I suppose I'd feel hurried to sign it so those behind me didn't have to wait very long. But like I said.....to those that enjoy this type of caching......have fun![/quote]

I don't knock you for taking 10 mile walks, why should you care if people want to do this event, And the statement about waiting in line just shows you don't know how the event will be run. John