vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mga Geo Rallye

[quote=Trezurs*-R-*Fun]It sounds like fun but here is my break down.

$10.00 registration fee (assuming 3 others would even want to go with me )
    $45.00 (300 miles at 20 mpg at 3.00 per gallon, thats not even the ride down and back) yeah, I've rounded it up but I way underestimated the mileage.
    $3.00 (tolls unless I sneak down the long way)
    $30.00/person for meals and snacks this includes the BBQ (probably more because I like my snacks)
    $45.00 daycare because the girls would not stay interested for the duration, unless my wife doesn't want to go and the $45.00 will have go towards making up my spending a day geocaching .

$133.00 for just to participate and more when factoring Murphy's Law

While I would like to do this, its just not fiscally responsible.

Hope everyone who does participates has a blast!!!

Steve, your probrably right, If anyone wants to run this they will spend between $125 and $150. It's that simple. It's not for everyone. When I went to Fla in Jan, I ran an event similar to this and I figured it would be about $150 and it was. But it was a blast, what can i say. If I wanted to go to Fort Kent to cache for a day, it would cost me about $150. but no-one has to come. So if a person isn't coming, why knock it.
    I would bet money that in the months before the Rallye in Florida, there wern't any negative rally comments on the florida caching website. John

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    FORTY BUCKS!! to go to southern maine and look for caches

UGH

I hope all that go enjoy it but this is not for me
    You don't have Dave, to come but why knock it. John

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    For alot of us with families and children that cache with us, this would not be fun. I have a girls 13 and 9 and no where in the rally description do I see where children are taken into consideration. How many kids this age are gonna want to be dragged around for 300 miles that will take 12-14 hours? As far as the cost.....well, some of you have thicker wallets than we do and can well afford to ram around for a day of fun......others, have to budget and plan their caching accordingly. Prizes....who cares, but with the money they'll be taking in, I should hope that they would be giving out new GPSr units and laptops as prizes, and more than one at that. I cache for the enjoyment of getting out in the woods being with my family. As far as beating "those southerners" We already have! I'll take caching up here in the middle of "No where" anyday, the prize for that.......being in the middle of no where.
    Gary, The fact is this would not be a fun event for young kids. I can't picture putting my 4 to 6 year old grandkids in a car and run around the back roads for a day. Teenagers, now that's a different story. They would probrably love it. Lets face it, not every event is for everyone. Would familys be taking toddlers on an extreem cache hunt. I don't think so. John

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Well, perhaps the 2 organizers can race against themselves!
    What does this comment achieve, other that cause hateful feelingt towards fellow cachers. John

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Hmmm... Nothing about this event on their site...
    Stay tuned.

Oh man I can see the gloves coming off before long. What I am saying is that if there are going to be between 20 and 24 (log-able) caches in 5 counties. I dont need to give anyone 40 bucks for anything. If they are logable I will go find them on my own.
    I you could fine 3 other people that could put up with you for the day, it would only cost you $10. (plus you share or the gas of course). John

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    I you could fine 3 other people that could put up with you for the day, it would only cost you $10. (plus you share or the gas of course). John
    Your right it takes a special someone to put up with my BS for the day. I can only think of a few that have been able to do it so far.

Keep in mind I think that all of us in here including the ones that may not agree or what ever with this or cant afford it or dont want to go, appreciate the amount of work that these guys are putting in to this. I know that I do and remember I have said it probably 100 times that I have never met a cacher that I didnt like. I would go have a beer with every one of them after a day of caching. If you look at how many events I have organized you will see that I havent put any togeather. I dont want to do it. So kudos to them, I think it would be fun for the folks that attend. I think if my circumstances where different I would give it a try. So, to the folks that are organizing this you have more patience than I and more initiative than I and much more discipline. I would give up half way through.
    If you've never met a cacher you didn't like, why do you beat us up so bad Dave? Your a teacher Dave, you of all people should be spreading respect, good will, and friendly words, instead of insults, and mean sprited remarks. John

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    If you've never met a cacher you didn't like, why do you beat us up so bad Dave? Your a teacher Dave, you of all people should be spreading respect, good will, and friendly words, instead of insults, and mean sprited remarks. John
    And I am a damn good teacher that provides a safe enviroment for the kids and so I have a strong opion about a few things. I hope that in all of this things work out just fine for you folks.

Okay, I lied. I said I was going to leave the thread alone for the night and I didn't. I haven't been disappointed or surprised by the responses.

Getting back on topic...
    I don't want finances getting in the way of the event. If you can't or even don't want to pay, here's my offer: for anyone who asks, I'll pay their team's registration fee and for their tank of gas to run the event. Send me an email before the event and we'll make the arrangements.

Barry / kayakerinme
    kayakerinme (at) kayakerinme.com