vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mga Geo Rallye

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    If you've never met a cacher you didn't like, why do you beat us up so bad Dave? Your a teacher Dave, you of all people should be spreading respect, good will, and friendly words, instead of insults, and mean sprited remarks. John
    and for the record I would have a cold beer with you after a day of caching.

This event will be a fun, wild, and crazy day for the teams that plan to come out. Is it for everyone, no it's not, but if you don't want to come out why don't you just leave it alone. Don't belittle those of us that are putting in the time and effort to but it together. I will spend over $300 or $400 of my own money and probably over 100 hours of my time to put this on. Other people working on it will also spend a lot of their time and their money on it as well.
    Yes it cost $40.00 to enter, and maybe another 80 or so in Gas. Add in the meal and it's a few bucks. So what!!!!! If you don't want to come, you don't have to. But why show the world you're an @$$ by belittling the people that put it on and the people that want to go do it. For goodness sake, grow up.
    Anyone is welcome to enter this event. Anyone that dosen't want to compete can still come to the finish and the steak supper. Non competitors are still eligable for door prizes (for Free).
    Just because some of us are southern mainers and some of us are northern mainers dosen't mean we shouldn't get along.
    What some of you have against us I don't know. We have never done anything against any of you that warrents the slander.
    Can't we get along, John

If any one has any real questions about the event I'll be glad to answer them. John

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    Is it just me or does everything in this thread seem to be negative? If it's just me, then nevermind. If it isn't... why?

Paraphrasing what gpsfun said it the other night at the event - the game is big enough that everyone can do what they want and still find enjoyment. If you want 10-mile hikes in the woods, great, we've got those. If you want to drive around and find micros, great, we've got those too. Like to cache alone? No problem. Like to cache with your family, or your dog, or your cat? No problem - you can't do every cache with your dog, but you can do a lot of them.

If it's not your cup of tea, then why bother posting that you don't like the idea, or that you don't want to spend the money, or that you don't like the idea of sitting in a car all day? I'm sorry, but this escapes me.

We encourage each other all the time with birthday wishes and milestone congradulations. I've never seen anyone post along the lines of, "Hey, 100 caches, huh? Wonder how much time and effort it took you to find all those. I'll bet it's a lot, wish I had that much time on my hands..." Why do that here?

On the positive side, these rallies take place around the country all the time. There was a 2-day event in TN where some cachers attended from 500 miles away. There's the other one in Canada that was posted here on this board. Heck, we might even get a few cachers "from away"
    I noticed the negative vibes here and I think it has something to do with the past issues some have had with the user hosting this event. Well I thought the past was behind us. Let’s move on. Hell if every time I pissed someone off and they slammed me I would never have any friends (maybe that is why I don’t) LOL. I feel bad that I posted what I did but my post was not meant to be negative. I was just stating my thoughts on the price and about doing so many caches with groups in a 3/10 of a mile area.

As for the price for what it cost to have an event, people need to realize that before they hold the event. If someone wants to charge for an event then that is there choice. I personally do not charge for my events and I have spent in an excess of over $200 for each event I have held with the exception on the kayak event. I don't have anything against anyone charging for an event if it is within reason. $10 is really not a bad price. I know people have traveled to events in the past like to Bangor last year to do the CITO for Maniac1957’s event and I did not hear people bitching about that in the open forums. I could list more events that people have had to drive distances to and never heard any complaining on the forums about them until now.

One problem I have with this event is that we do not even know what the prizes are yet. The prizes all depend on how many people participate. This is really not a big issue but just a suggestion. You may get more people if you announce what the prizes are going to be ahead of time.

This post was not meant to be negative. I am just posting replies and offering suggestions.
    Blazing Troll

Question Need a Team

Anyone out there attending this need a team member? I think this would be fun and would love to participate.

Things I can bring to a team:
    I own a Garmin StreetPilot which does turn by turn vocal directions. I also have MapSource software with city navigator and us topo maps. I also have a laptop, although no car adapter (they are rather pricey).
    Oh and a digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by gpsxplr
    Anyone out there attending this need a team member? I think this would be fun and would love to participate.

Things I can bring to a team:
    I own a Garmin StreetPilot which does turn by turn vocal directions. I also have MapSource software with city navigator and us topo maps. I also have a laptop, although no car adapter (they are rather pricey).
    Oh and a digital camera.
    I may be attending this event but it is to far out to commit to it yet. If I attend the event and you still need a player I will be more then happy to hook up with you.
    Blazing Troll

Default GREAT example

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I may be attending this event but it is to far out to commit to it yet. If I attend the event and you still need a player I will be more then happy to hook up with you.
    This is a great example of playing well with others. Thanks guys.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    This is a great example of playing well with others. Thanks guys.
    Wow!!! And to think one of your first post was pitting north against south.

Default In the name

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    Wow!!! And to think one of your first post was pitting north against south.
    In the name of competition and FUN. Let all of those who want to, join in and enjoy. Didn't know everyone was gonna get mad. Lighten up.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    Steve, your probrably right, If anyone wants to run this they will spend between $125 and $150. It's that simple.
    I just spent an average of $10/cache on a day of caching for 5 caches! And I brought my own food. 24 caches for for $150....that's a bahgin!!