vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's not THAT hard is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.

Sorry Terry.....but this should bring it a bit more traffic.
    It's OK Smitty, One of the things I love about Geocaching is that we can help each other out. My puzzles are not supposed to be hard to solve so if someone has trouble I don't think it detracts from the cache at all if they get help.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    Actually you don't convert any letters to numbers. All you have to do is count. Math and calculus won't help as much as English and Spelling.
    Thanks, I figured as much from the other post. I guess I am so used to solving complex problems at work I sometimes fail to see that the solution is actually much simpler.

I see how to get the N coord but run out of numbers. I could fill the rest with zeros or assume the first three since they are not likely to be different from the parking coords, but I am not sure. What I really wish is that my topo maps that I used in MapSource actually showed trails then it would be much easier to test the possibilities. I spent a lot on these maps and it seems as though they never show trails. I guess I could look at the maine atlas, but it would be some much cooler if I had a map on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by gpsxplr
    What I really wish is that my topo maps that I used in MapSource actually showed trails then it would be much easier to test the possibilities. I spent a lot on these maps and it seems as though they never show trails. I guess I could look at the maine atlas, but it would be some much cooler if I had a map on the computer.
    Actually MapSource topo does show trails...check out Acadia National Park. They are indicated by dashes. I'm sure there are new trails being created everyday in preserves that they can't possibly keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    Actually MapSource topo does show trails...check out Acadia National Park. They are indicated by dashes. I'm sure there are new trails being created everyday in preserves that they can't possibly keep up with.
    I realize it show trails but I seem to always end up on one it doesn't show. I also have the national parks TOPO which is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by gpsxplr
    I see how to get the N coord but run out of numbers. I could fill the rest with zeros or assume the first three since they are not likely to be different from the parking coords, but I am not sure.
    Well, if there are no more mistakes and you are counting that would leave???
    My Grandma always told me that when you assume you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". LOL

By the way, my puzzles always have the full coordinates so they are easier to figure out.

By the way, my puzzles always have the full coordinates so they are easier to figure out.
    Yeah - which means that once you figure out the first 2 numbers of the true coordinates - which are usually the first 2 numbers of the posted coordinates - you can figure out the rest. Sometimes.

(OK, Terry. We give up. Post the REAL coordinates for "Thank a Teacher"! LOL!)

Exclamation No No No......

No No No Terry!!! Please do not post the coordinates. It is a great puzzle and needs to be figured out. The rewards of solving it are satisfying.

If you think you have it email Terry and ask for confirmation!

A house is not a home without a cat.

Feel free to e-mail me for confirmation. While I won't give you the coordinates I will tell you which numbers you have wrong and try to gently lead you to the solution. LOL

I am thinking about making a mini-page on how to solve my puzzles. Whadda ya think?

I am thinking about making a mini-page on how to solve my puzzles. Whadda ya think?
    Great idea! That way, those that are good at puzzles can have fun, and dunces like me can still log the cache!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    No No No Terry!!! Please do not post the coordinates. It is a great puzzle and needs to be figured out. The rewards of solving it are satisfying.

If you think you have it email Terry and ask for confirmation!
    I AGREE 100% AND A HALF!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.