vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Geo-cache or geo-trash

Default RE: Geo-cache or geo-trash

A co-worker found this story in Subaru's Driven magazine.

------
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/galle.../1358/size/big
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Sounds like that is just one more ill informed nature geek that doesnt know anything but tries real hard to sound smart.

They just sound like another enviro-freak who thinks that you are going to destroy the earth if you even step off a trail. Of course, someone who wanders around the wilderness looking for snakes and amphibians probably has a distorted sense of reality anyway.

The author said they are saddened to see "unspoiled habitat" ruined by people. How did she/he get to that unspoiled habitat, on a helicopter that never set down??? Every footprint you leave adds up, not just from the "other people"

Angry Get out the torches and pitchforks

Let's go hunt her down I say. OK,OK that may be a little drastic, but darn it all. A bit too much I think.
    Happy Trails!

Well, I am one owner/driver of a 2000 Subaru Outback that is proud and happy to search for "geo-junk" !!! Their loss for sure!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

well for one... why the hellicopter does he own an outback if he doesnt think anyone should be "out in the boonies"? does he give himself special permission? second... this is coming from a ecofriendly cacher... i've seen geocaching do more good in a lot of places than bad.. for example my shawmut fishing hole, used to be pretty littered, people kept telling me of their CITO while looking for the cache, i go back to check on it, and with the exception of the large items like appliances, the place was barely recognizable from when the cache was first placed. And also when it comes to placing caches, i dont know of a whole of caches that promote stomping around off the trail (more than 15 or 20ft) and also most cachers i know are the outdoors type of people that are constantly trying to do good for mother nature (now there are exceptions) it sounds to me like this guy just likes to hear himself talk.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    well for one... why the hellicopter does he own an outback if he doesnt think anyone should be "out in the boonies"? does he give himself special permission? second... this is coming from a ecofriendly cacher... i've seen geocaching do more good in a lot of places than bad.. for example my shawmut fishing hole, used to be pretty littered, people kept telling me of their CITO while looking for the cache, i go back to check on it, and with the exception of the large items like appliances, the place was barely recognizable from when the cache was first placed. And also when it comes to placing caches, i dont know of a whole of caches that promote stomping around off the trail (more than 15 or 20ft) and also most cachers i know are the outdoors type of people that are constantly trying to do good for mother nature (now there are exceptions) it sounds to me like this guy just likes to hear himself talk.

Hey Hiram,

Does this sound like a man said it, If you read the fine print it was a woman

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Hey Hiram,

Does this sound like a man said it, If you read the fine print it was a woman
    dave... im not one to read fine print after work... so i used the term "he" loosely... so if you'll excuse me i need to go put some gas in the jeep so i can go 4wheeling in downtown waterville to look for some caches...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Tree hugging dirt lovers

WOW!!!I think this Lady really needs a good bowel movement!! Hope she stays in California where she belongs. I dont know what to say about that one. We personally have a great respect for the outdoors and very much appreciate the beautiful state we live in, and I cant imagine that a few people walking around in the woods is going to ruin anything. Yes I have seen a few caches with a slight trail to them,,, so what!! Im sure the next year the ground is all healed up. So what if a few rotted old stumps get turned over and a few rocks get moved. Mother nature has a way of healing herself, its not like we are driving a tank through the area. Besides , if God didnt want us off the beaten path he wouldnt have invented the GPS'r. Hey lady,,if your reading this,,Take a chill pill, have a granola bar, put on your spandex "hiking" clothes, grab your two and a half ounce barbells and head out for a nice nature walk,[ make sure you stay on the pavement], and let us know how many nice scenic waterfalls you see[no, not the ones with the colored lights in them], how many nice lakes and ponds you visit, and how much wildlife you see[not counting the purpleheaded fishing tackle faced variety]!!! Have a nice day, and by the way,,I had a smoke outdoors today. PHHHT!!!