vb:literal>

Thread: The Kennebec Land Trust

Thumbs up The Kennebec Land Trust

As most of you know, I've been conversing with the KLT for a while about placing caches on their properties. So far there are already properties of theirs that have geocaches on them... which didn't look good because they didn't know about any of them until I sought out permission to place one and became involved with the KLT. All the caches that are already placed are allowed to stay, we emaild a few of the cache owners because they are near some sensitive habitats and some changes need to made to keep the caches there. They will be having a meeting in the next few months and they would like a short presentation about geocaching ( **COUGH**HOPEFULLYFIREFIGHTERJAKEWOULDBEWILLINGTOH ELPSINCEHEDIDSUCHAGREATJOBWITHTHEUNITYBARNRAISERSC ACHES**COUGH**)
    excuse me I had something stuck in my throat. They would also like the land stewards to be involved with the caches, so that they know where they are, and can make sure the caches won't disturb parts of the properties that wont be disturbed. So if anyone is thinking of placing a cache on one of their properties, remember to ask first, they are willing to work with us. I also volunteered to help make maps of their trail systems using my GPSr, so they've dubbed me their KLT Geocaching volunteer, all in all it looks like a good thing for geocaching. The KLT's website is http://www.tklt.org/

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Way to go Hiram!!!!
    Let me be the first to say

"THANKS, great job.

Hiram . . . I would be more than happy to help out. The way I figure it, I've already got a pretty good Powerpoint presentation ready to go (although I think you may be in one of the slides ) and moreover, you helped me out by coming to the Unity Barn Raisers Geocaching 101 event (I only wish the weather was better and more than two UBR members showed up -- I swear there were 12-15 members when I did the presentation the month before). Just let me know the time, date, place and which pizza place we'll be eating at.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I might even know someone who makes maps for a living (both by hand and by computer) so we can probably talk him into helping out too if you need it.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hiram . . . I would be more than happy to help out. The way I figure it, I've already got a pretty good Powerpoint presentation ready to go (although I think you may be in one of the slides ) and moreover, you helped me out by coming to the Unity Barn Raisers Geocaching 101 event (I only wish the weather was better and more than two UBR members showed up -- I swear there were 12-15 members when I did the presentation the month before). Just let me know the time, date, place and which pizza place we'll be eating at.
    that would be great if you could do that jake, i think we might have to go into augusta for the pizza though (winthrop and manchester are lacking in their "good" pizza shop category) and you just keep telling yourself about those 12 to 15 people jake... are there even that many people in unity??

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    I might even know someone who makes maps for a living (both by hand and by computer) so we can probably talk him into helping out too if you need it.
    :-)
    you might know or you do know???

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    that would be great if you could do that jake, i think we might have to go into augusta for the pizza though (winthrop and manchester are lacking in their "good" pizza shop category) and you just keep telling yourself about those 12 to 15 people jake... are there even that many people in unity??
    Just let me know the date, time and place . . . I'll also attempt to customize the presentation some with new slides (i.e. caches in the area, caches on their land, etc) . . . just give me a heads-up a week or so in advance.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

ok, maybe know a little too well
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    ok, maybe know a little too well
    ;-)
    well I would guess it was wudeater... but since you guys uhhh (disposed) of wudeater... i dont know who you're talking about...

Thumbs up

Just so you know, the Geocaching DVD available throught geocaching.com is a good tool to use when making geocaching presentations.....I presented the sport (using the DVD) to my co-workers for potential use with the kids we work with, and they are going to buy a GPSr for the house to use on outings! It gave me a couple of ideas on potential hides as well.....
    To Cache or NOT to cache.....IS there a question?