vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geo-Post Offices

Default Geo-Post Offices

Geo-Post Offices are a type of cache that were born in Maritime Canada and is now spreading through the USA. As of today there are thirteen throughout the USA and Canada, with at least three that I know of under construction. We would like to have a few of these caches in Maine in order to link eastern Canada with the USA. Is anyone interested in building one? They are easy and cheap, all we generally use is a good sized container that will hold postcards ,and some space for TB's and a logbook.(no swag) Have a look at my GPO here http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-aa2f06618214 for info, feel free to cut and paste if you want to.
    Cheers from New Brunswick!

the page doesnt load right... are you sure that link is correct?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Sorry, I messed up the link...it works now.

I think i would be very interested in doing one, i just need to find a place to put it
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Most of ours in Canada are relatively quick access, not too much difficulty, so you can "pop in" to the cache prior to leaving town to check for cards that may need moving.
    "Those who do not hear the music,
    think that those who dance are insane"

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I think i would be very interested in doing one, i just need to find a place to put it
    I think a series of these - along I95 - would be interesting. Are there any rest areas left that DON'T have a cache already? LOL!

(I also think you could put in cards for unnamed recipients - i.e., "any soldier/sailor in Iraq", "any cacher in Alaska", etc.)

I think this is a wicked good idea . . . as Bruce said, putting them along well traveled areas would make a lot of sense.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Is there a fee?

I'm thinking a geo-letter will get to the recipient a heckuva lot faster than a regular letter sent through the US Postal Service.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I think a series of these - along I95 - would be interesting. Are there any rest areas left that DON'T have a cache already? LOL!

(I also think you could put in cards for unnamed recipients - i.e., "any soldier/sailor in Iraq", "any cacher in Alaska", etc.)
    Great idea! It would be like the pony express!
    Something a Nova Scotia cacher did (Islander1988) was convert one of his existing caches near a highway exit ramp to a Geo-Post Office. He simply changed the listing write-up, and attached a new container.
    "Those who do not hear the music,
    think that those who dance are insane"