vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Geo-Jeep Rally

Default Open dates

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    ahhh good point scratch that one

so then July 15/16 or July 22/23
    Either is ok with the Team. I have all my weekends off this summer.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

So how bout we agree on the 22/23rd of July... Is this ok with everyone?? if yes... then we need to start planning a route... like I said Lilly Bay St Park up on Moosehead is a great place, nice accomodations, plenty of outta the way tent sites (and sad to say but this may be one of the last summers that we can enjoy the undeveloped area)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    If we're headed to 4 wheel heaven......I mean Greenville area. How about taking the kayaks and doing Indian Pond? FFFramers Underwater Railroad.
    Hiram, I'm startin to warm up to you now. The Team Tahoe has plenty of room too. Both inside and under it.
    well I dont own watercraft, so that puts me outta the game for those ones, but we could split up into teams geo-land and geo-amphibious and then meet up later at the campsite... those that want to do water can do water, and those that want to find ways to spend money on vehicle repairs can go do the land caches... and then party later...

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    If we're headed to 4 wheel heaven......I mean Greenville area. How about taking the kayaks and doing Indian Pond? FFFramers Underwater Railroad.
    Hiram, I'm startin to warm up to you now. The Team Tahoe has plenty of room too. Both inside and under it.
    I'm not much of a kayaker, but this definitely sounds appealing to me since the Underwater RR looks pretty neat.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

So how bout we agree on the 22/23rd of July... Is this ok with everyone?? if yes... then we need to start planning a route... like I said Lilly Bay St Park up on Moosehead is a great place, nice accomodations, plenty of outta the way tent sites (and sad to say but this may be one of the last summers that we can enjoy the undeveloped area)
    Someone needs to remind me a week or two before this date . . . I'll know better when the date is closer if this is a go for me or not.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

well I dont own watercraft, so that puts me outta the game for those ones, but we could split up into teams geo-land and geo-amphibious and then meet up later at the campsite... those that want to do water can do water, and those that want to find ways to spend money on vehicle repairs can go do the land caches... and then party later...
    If you need a canoe I could lend you one . . . I need to get some paddles and lifevests though since the ones I had are probably halfway to Portugal by now (i.e. I believe I posted about my fiddleheading misadventure from last Spring. I lost that canoe, but I won another one when McCormicks opened up the "supermarket" in town.)

Sounds good! We've already got many of the caches in that area, but don't mind visiting them again. I guess we should list the "must visits" and go from there. Do we need reservations for Lily bay? Fire permits?

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Sounds good! We've already got many of the caches in that area, but don't mind visiting them again. I guess we should list the "must visits" and go from there. Do we need reservations for Lily bay? Fire permits?
    fire permits no, they have concrete fire pits at each tent site (this is one of the nicest parks ive ever camped at, if it wasnt for the little woodland creatures scratchin at the tent in the middle of the night and the loons goin at it... and i mean really going at it until 2 in the morning! then stopping for 5 minutes and going until 530 in the morning!! this place could easily be mistaken for an outdoor hotel...) theres places to launch your boat, go fishin, take a shower, the roads are nice gravel, the place is very well kept, and the sites are spread out far enough you dont feel like youre in a trailer park. but i think we should take a head count on everyone that will need a site and someone should call ahead and make reservations to make sure we have enough sites.

Lily Bay is filling up fast!

Here's the link to on-line reservations:

http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/res...lity/lily.html

We'll need to book soon!

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Lily Bay is filling up fast!

Here's the link to on-line reservations:

http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/res...lity/lily.html

We'll need to book soon!
    Ok so we need to find out how many tents well have, I'll have one, we can probably fit two tents to a site

should we reserve a bunch at once or have everyone responsible for their own? i think it would be best if we reserved a few at one time.