vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geo-Jeep Rally

Foster's is off Rt. 16 in Bingham, up towards Austin Pond and the Backscatter RADAR. It is quite a ways back in there, then another 5-6 miles off the "main" dirt road--4x4 required! From there, you can go hundreds of miles on dirt--up to Rockwood is cool, stop in Greenville, hit the B-52 crash cache, go thru Kokadjo t o the Golden road, stop at Ripogenous dam, and head down to Millinocket (or take a left and end up on the Canadian border).

Sheesh! Only 3 cachers been there since you were there in July 2005! LOL!

RULOST2? and I made it in Aug 2004 in the old GOCACHE Explorer. Rough ride, though. Can't imagine what the road is like now...

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Foster's is off Rt. 16 in Bingham, up towards Austin Pond and the Backscatter RADAR. It is quite a ways back in there, then another 5-6 miles off the "main" dirt road--4x4 required! From there, you can go hundreds of miles on dirt--up to Rockwood is cool, stop in Greenville, hit the B-52 crash cache, go thru Kokadjo t o the Golden road, stop at Ripogenous dam, and head down to Millinocket (or take a left and end up on the Canadian border).
    The back road from Shirley Mills to Greenville Junction is a great trip, too. Don't think there are any caches on that stretch, though. (Hint, hint...)

I'd be interested as long as things aren't too intense . . . i.e. up to the floorboards in mud. Rutted up backroads would be OK though.

Hiram . . . talk to me sometime. I have a couple of possible caches (ones that I want to do) that would be perfect for what you're thinking about doing. One doesn't bother me at all . . . the other is one where I think I wouldn't mind having someone else along with a tow rope/winch . . . just in case things get too hairy.

Hiram . . . as mentioned by Found my Thrill cache and Book-nobile are short and sweet 4WD-able caches. Maybe if we could combine a few others in the area???
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Just adding to some thoughts . . . this sounds kind of fun . . . especially if it's more of a group effort rally sort of thing with the idea being "the journey is as exciting as the end."

Sudonim also has a cache on Mt. Waldo . . . but I must admit that I was a bit too timid to take the 4Runner up . . . especially since it was a wet day and the rocks were slick.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hiram . . . as mentioned by Found my Thrill cache and Book-nobile are short and sweet 4WD-able caches. Maybe if we could combine a few others in the area???
    We checked out the Book-nobile cache a few weeks ago (March?) and decided that the road was too nasty. Is it navigable now?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We checked out the Book-nobile cache a few weeks ago (March?) and decided that the road was too nasty. Is it navigable now?
    march?? jeeze i think i did that one back in february after the snow storm... the ice on the brook was wicked cool, theres pics of it posted in my gallery.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

how many would still be interested if we turned this into an overnight event?? play around by the fosters solitude cache, hit a few in the area, head up to greenville, camp out at lilly bay, then hit a few more the next day???

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I'd be interested as long as things aren't too intense . . . i.e. up to the floorboards in mud. Rutted up backroads would be OK though.

Hiram . . . talk to me sometime. I have a couple of possible caches (ones that I want to do) that would be perfect for what you're thinking about doing. One doesn't bother me at all . . . the other is one where I think I wouldn't mind having someone else along with a tow rope/winch . . . just in case things get too hairy.

dont worry, i get nervous in really deep mud, i hate the thought of not being able to get out, especially since i dont have a winch yet, im lookin more for the back loggin road and hill climb stuff (i love the hill climb stuff)

I'd be in for an overnighter! BTW, Hiram, there was a nice looking white late model XJ with an ARB bumper at the JFK mall this afternoon--wasn't yours was it?