vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Interrupting encounters?

Default RE: Interrupting encounters?

Maybe it's just me, but I've got the feeling that I've interrupted more than a few encounters between folks that may be, how shall we say it, trying to be discreet so that other folks may not know what they're up to. You make the call? Am I being paranoid?

Observe:

Homosexual hotspot or just a few men who happen to all be at the same spot at the same time?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-8d9be7853f42

A guy and a gal who are dating and just wanted to hang out or two married lovers attemping to meet in an out-of-the-way spot?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-2f04a1a24586

A simple case of a couple who are madly in love and not afraid to show their love for each other with passionate kissing in public or a woman meeting her secret lover (and vice versa) in a park?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...0-ec3c199846a6
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Maybe it's just me, but I've got the feeling that I've interrupted more than a few encounters between folks that may be, how shall we say it, trying to be discreet so that other folks may not know what they're up to. You make the call? Am I being paranoid?
    How come you have all these encounters, Jake?

the fitz cache eh?? well have you hear the joke about the two gay irish men??? michael fitzpatrick and patrick fitzmichael???

I don't know what to say J, some people just have a knack for attracting situations like that, i have a knack for attracting danger and cops, you have a knack for attracting.... uhhh... welll...well keep this a family friendly post...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Angry You may be on to something.

I know the feeling you are talking about.

We have a few caches down here in NY that "gave me that feeling". I left one as a DNF because of the way I felt. Later I found it while I was with a group of cachers and we outnumbered the other cars. Some posts by local cachers alluded to the fact that these rest areas were known to be meeting places for "activities".

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake

Observe:

Homosexual hotspot or just a few men who happen to all be at the same spot at the same time?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-8d9be7853f42
    wow, i'm glad you wrote that. when i did this cache, it was raining and there were 2 cars - one empty and one with 2 people in it. i couldn't see who was in it, but then, i didn't really look. there was no one on the trail, but i also saw the lawn chair and mattress. when i got back to my car, the other cars were gone. i've been past this rest area several times since and there have been a lot of cars there. your experience reminded me of when i did "the 'ol swimmin' hole". that guy looking for fiddleheads reallyreallyreally scared me.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    that guy looking for fiddleheads reallyreallyreally scared me.
    LOL! Yup - gotta watch out for those "fiddleheaders". I wonder what someone from "away" would think about "fiddleheaders"?

(Personally, I can't stand the things, so I'm NOT a "fiddleheader".

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    LOL! Yup - gotta watch out for those "fiddleheaders". I wonder what someone from "away" would think about "fiddleheaders"?

(Personally, I can't stand the things, so I'm NOT a "fiddleheader".
    i should have put a link to my log for that cache. (i'm not that computer clever!) the guy was scary! (oh, and you probably couldn't pay me to eat a fiddlehead - which i told him!)

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    i should have put a link to my log for that cache. (i'm not that computer clever!) the guy was scary! (oh, and you probably couldn't pay me to eat a fiddlehead - which i told him!)
    cmon now! ya gotta share the story for those of us that havent heard it!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

well, here's my log for the cache. i don't think it really shows how scared i was! but, it hasn't seemed to stop me from caching alone.

" May 2 by <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" name=15036599>becket (413 found)
    well, this was an adventure. when i got there, there was a car in the parking lot. there were some people walking around, 2 guys and a woman, so i just stayed by my car. they went off in a different direction so i headed to find the cache. i had just gotten there, when one of the guys appeared about 20' from me. a lot of stuff went through my head, including all those(very loud)voices telling me i should not cache alone. he started to walk towards me and asked me about fiddleheads. i pointed in another direction and said "i bet they are over there!" luckily, he left. i found the cache quickly and headed back to my car. the other car was gone. this all took less than 5 minutes, but they were kinda scary! this was an easy find for me - and i really liked it! the container is cool! the hide is even cooler! thanks! tnlnsl "

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    How come you have all these encounters, Jake?
    Hmmm, maybe my word choice with "encounters" wasn't the best choice? I'm happily married to Heidi and have been since August 31, 1996 . . . as for folks with alternative "partners" -- not my thing, "not that there's anything wrong with that."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."