vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Interrupting encounters?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hmmm, maybe my word choice with "encounters" wasn't the best choice? I'm happily married to Heidi and have been since August 31, 1996 . . . as for folks with alternative "partners" -- not my thing, "not that there's anything wrong with that."
    uh huh.... so you have no issues with that sort of thing.... yet you keep having these coincidental "encounters"....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Sounds like Geocaching.com is going to have to come up with some new hazards icons...

Hmmm . . . guess I should listen to my little voice more often. I sent an e-mail to a veteran firefighter in Ellsworth along with my log from the Fitz Cache in Ellsworth and a simple question as to whether I was nuts or not. Here's his reply.

------

Both rest areas in Ellsworth are known for homosexual activity. DOT hasn't opened the Bangor Road area and I believe has plans to remove it, I thought that was also the plan for the Bucksport Road one as well but I see they have opened it again. Local law enforcement is aware of the issue but hasn't been able to stop it. I used to exercise the apparatus and use that area for a turn around, it was a great place to "test" the air horn or siren.
    I would suggest posting that info on the geocaching web site. I haven't heard of any unwanted advances from the "users" but I agree it's not a place for families.

-----------------

I'm not saying folks shouldn't do this cache and I am not saying anything illegal is going on and I certainly wouldn't take a moral stand on same sex or even opposite sex "relationships" . . . I did think this was something useful to know though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I was telling about my experience this past weekend with a colleague who lives in Orland and as soon as I mentioned this rest stop he grimaced . . . apparently he knew that this cache is known for its certain activitity.

I then learned of a new spot near Bangor that is a "hotspot" which I had not heard of . . . again at a south-bound rest stop with a cache. I did this one before however and never noticed anything askew. There are two other caches in Bangor that have caches located nearby "hotspots", but again I did these without any problems . . . I suspect the time of day and week may be an influencing factor as to whether the person seeking or hiding the cache realizes that something may be "going on" in the area.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well, this tops my 2 full moons in one day story. Same thing, only we saw....well, pretty much everything. Cloths on the car, a full moon in motion etc. We parked as far away from them as possible and went on with the cache...they were clearly not interested in us. (The second full moon was a real moon, like, y'know, in space nothing scary about that!)
    BTW, this happened in New Brunswick on my brothers VERY FIRST CACHE!

I was walking back out after having done one of the Augusta caches down in the trails behind the Civic Center and I came up behind a couple of people in their late 30s or early 40s. She kept grabbing his butt so after the 4th or 5th time I coughed so they would know they weren't alone. LOL

Mental note . . . never pair up with Laughing Terry and We3Beans . . . the things we might see together would probably be quite scary.

d’76 Guest

hehehehe....
    And to think that I missed it.So Jake....

I read your post on GC.com giggle giggle. Was the cache worth it??

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hmmm . . . guess I should listen to my little voice more often. I sent an e-mail to a veteran firefighter in Ellsworth along with my log from the Fitz Cache in Ellsworth and a simple question as to whether I was nuts or not. Here's his reply.

------

Both rest areas in Ellsworth are known for homosexual activity. DOT hasn't opened the Bangor Road area and I believe has plans to remove it, I thought that was also the plan for the Bucksport Road one as well but I see they have opened it again. Local law enforcement is aware of the issue but hasn't been able to stop it. I used to exercise the apparatus and use that area for a turn around, it was a great place to "test" the air horn or siren.
    I would suggest posting that info on the geocaching web site. I haven't heard of any unwanted advances from the "users" but I agree it's not a place for families.

-----------------

I'm not saying folks shouldn't do this cache and I am not saying anything illegal is going on and I certainly wouldn't take a moral stand on same sex or even opposite sex "relationships" . . . I did think this was something useful to know though.
    Yoiks!! We're coming to Maine camping this summer, starting with Patten's Pond in Ellsworth. Which areas should I be avoiding?
    "Those who do not hear the music,
    think that those who dance are insane"

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zonker&co
    Yoiks!! We're coming to Maine camping this summer, starting with Patten's Pond in Ellsworth. Which areas should I be avoiding?

I think Jake said it best but I bet you would be safe in the Old Town area.

We dont have places like that here