vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FTF or CHEATING? YOU DECIDE!!

Default FTF or CHEATING? YOU DECIDE!!

I have a problem with the status of FTF's. When somone puts in their post, "Your getting closer, I can't believe you can't see it, your standing on top of it!" or something to that effect. I don't see how the person can have the ****s to claim FTF???? If I went to a cache that the OWNER was at and looked for it, while they watched and coached my moves, I wouldn't claim FTF, at least not on the site, maby to myself and friends. I have been out with friends and helped them with their positioning, they placed their cache and gave me the cords. and I went and looked for it without their help. Then we compaired notes and set the cords. acordingly. I didn't claim FTF for the cache. I feel thats akin to the security guard at a store letting you steal something because your friends. My opinion. I would be interested in hearing what others think.

What was the cache?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD-MUFFIN
    I have a problem with the status of FTF's. When somone puts in their post, "Your getting closer, I can't believe you can't see it, your standing on top of it!" or something to that effect. I don't see how the person can have the ****s to claim FTF???? If I went to a cache that the OWNER was at and looked for it, while they watched and coached my moves, I wouldn't claim FTF, at least not on the site, maby to myself and friends. I have been out with friends and helped them with their positioning, they placed their cache and gave me the cords. and I went and looked for it without their help. Then we compaired notes and set the cords. acordingly. I didn't claim FTF for the cache. I feel thats akin to the security guard at a store letting you steal something because your friends. My opinion. I would be interested in hearing what others think.
    I've coached a few people before, I personally don't have a problem with it, because 1) the cache was in an extremely obvious place and if it couldn't be found they shouldnt be allowed to drive (and so far the cache has not had a single DNF, I placed it to be found) 2) why not? its just a game, and the teasing that ensues during the hunt that I am overseeing is downright hilarious, I think it's fun watching other people search for caches (while i may or may not be saying helpful things, sometimes i say stupid things to throw them off) 3) aren't we doing this for fun to begin with? and don't different people enjoy different things in different ways? it's like the argument of which cache is better... different people will like different things 4) is someone keeping score of the FTFs? is it all about the numbers?

But what I would have a problem with would be if someone placed a cache and sent an email... hey muffin (im just using you for example) I placed a cache, I call you when it gets published and you can meet me down by the hannafords and we'll go there so you can find it and be the FTF.... yes, I've seen situations where I believe this has happened before... that ruins the game. that's like playing battleship side by side...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I placed a cache, I call you when it gets published and you can meet me down by the hannafords and we'll go there so you can find it and be the FTF.... that ruins the game. that's like playing battleship side by side...

Thats what I am talking about. I can't say that this 'exactly' happened but reading the post, thats what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    What was the cache?
    yeah, what was the cache?

I really can't say, I can't remember which one it was. Too much beer??

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    yeah, what was the cache?
    Sheesh! I know I need to replace the laptop, and I'm waiting until Windows Vista is released so I can get a new laptop with that, but I didn't realize I was starting to get and echo on this one!

(I checked, and it doesn't look mike Muffin logged what ever cache he is talking about...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! I know I need to replace the laptop, and I'm waiting until Windows Vista is released so I can get a new laptop with that, but I didn't realize I was starting to get and echo on this one!

(I checked, and it doesn't look mike Muffin logged what ever cache he is talking about...)
    hmmm, haha maybe he's talking about my pen cache! i ran into haffy lookin for it on my way to work one day, so i stood there and laughed at him while he was looking right at it

Quote Originally Posted by MAD-MUFFIN
    I really can't say, I can't remember which one it was. Too much beer??
    That's OK, Muffin. Many of us have trouble with FTF hounds! LOL!

(Though it's been MANY years since I've had any trouble with beer...)

Well, when it get right down to it, What is a FTF and what does it count for? It is equal to any other find and doesnt count any extra. There fore it doesnt really matter if someone had 100 FTF's or no FTF. There is no extra Credits. I personally dont care if someone get a FTF or not unless they start gettng counted as 2 finds.