vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FTF or CHEATING? YOU DECIDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD-MUFFIN
    I have a problem with the status of FTF's. When somone puts in their post, "Your getting closer, I can't believe you can't see it, your standing on top of it!" or something to that effect. I don't see how the person can have the ****s to claim FTF???? If I went to a cache that the OWNER was at and looked for it, while they watched and coached my moves, I wouldn't claim FTF, at least not on the site, maby to myself and friends. I have been out with friends and helped them with their positioning, they placed their cache and gave me the cords. and I went and looked for it without their help. Then we compaired notes and set the cords. acordingly. I didn't claim FTF for the cache. I feel thats akin to the security guard at a store letting you steal something because your friends. My opinion. I would be interested in hearing what others think.
    Control what you can control. You can't control what cachers put into your cache or what they remove. You can't control whether they cover your cache or leave it uncovered. You can't control HOW they find a cache. Although finding a FTF you don't expect or have worked hard to find can be exhilirating, the memory of that moment will be more about getting the cache than the FTF. We are all frustrated with one or many of these issues but we continue to cache because WE ENJOY IT! I guess this just isn't a big issue with me.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    Control what you can control. You can't control what cachers put into your cache or what they remove. You can't control whether they cover your cache or leave it uncovered. You can't control HOW they find a cache. Although finding a FTF you don't expect or have worked hard to find can be exhilirating, the memory of that moment will be more about getting the cache that the FTF. We are all frustrated with one or many of these issues but we continue to cache because WE ENJOY IT! [] I guess this just isn't a big issue with me.

I'll pipe in and agree with all and repeat myself again that although we can't control all those things, we can try and set an example. Speak of it here and/or log that you did what you thought was the right thing to do and maybe another cacher or two will be enlightened. Most of all, have fun!

When I'm geo-caching I tap into "the force" that I learned as a young Padawan under the apprentice of a Jedi to help me find the cache . . . does this count as cheating?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    When I'm geo-caching I tap into "the force" that I learned as a young Padawan under the apprentice of a Jedi to help me find the cache . . . does this count as cheating?
    apparently, you don't need this "force" when you are placing caches, and you certainly don't leave any of this "energy" behind. i could have used some of it yesterday out in back of the old school!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    apparently, you don't need this "force" when you are placing caches, and you certainly don't leave any of this "energy" behind. i could have used some of it yesterday out in back of the old school!
    Would you rather that I have a stack of geosticks . . . or use a clue like "Don't get stumped?" Incidentally, this statement will not help you find the school cache . . . my offer to give you a tip still stands.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Would you rather that I have a stack of geosticks . . . or use a clue like "Don't get stumped?" Incidentally, this statement will not help you find the school cache . . . my offer to give you a tip still stands.

Actual Jake, we go to the coordinates you post, turn 180 degrees and walk 21.5 paces, stop, then turn to our left and go another 3.33333 paces and that is general where you have hidden your caches. This seems to be the standard error of your Magellen. LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist the jib)

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    Actual Jake, we go to the coordinates you post, turn 180 degrees and walk 21.5 paces, stop, then turn to our left and go another 3.33333 paces and that is general where you have hidden your caches. This seems to be the standard error of your Magellen. LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist the jib)
    well, then, my magellan should have led me right to the cache!

So very true on the Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half (at least until I corrected it.)

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    well, then, my magellan should have led me right to the cache!

No, no your GPSr is working correctly,,, I've managed to locate your caches easily with the great coords. Its just Jakes. LOL

No, no your GPSr is working correctly,,, I've managed to locate your caches easily with the great coords. Its just Jakes. LOL
    geez! it must be the "color" component because other than that, his magellan is just like mine.