vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All in a day's caching...

Post All in a day's caching...

Just wondering what the record is for the most caches found in Maine on one day by a single cacher/cache team? We had a visitor to the Bangor area yesterday that found many caches. Anybody have stats on this?

I know I don't have the record,I think my most so far has been 8 but I think Brdad and MsTeeLee have gotten like 12 or so but would be interested in the same question. Who does have the most in one day?

Default My highest

My record for a single day was 11 with the Expeditionary Team of myself, The Geopups, The Blazing Trolls, and The G-Team when we went up Rt 201 back in July. Then the next day I got 9 giving me 20 for two consecutive days. That was a workout for sure.

Default Wow

Cameoooooo was referring to "G Force" -- they did 19 in the Bangor area yesterday! Wowzers!

-RanMan22
    Last edited by RanMan22; 08-13-2004 at 08:48 PM.

That was G Force, my brother from England. He had the advantage of me driving him around. We had spent the day before driving around town getting the grids for Battleship and Tic Tac. He spent some time looking for Dslexic too. Yesterday he went for the caches, I didn't help him find them, but knowing where to park and the best driving route to the caches helps. He didn't find the Battleship cache but did find Tic Tac and Dslexic. The good news is he got 51 caches in a 5 day New England tour. The bad news is he passed me in total caches!

Default Well, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by RanMan22
    Cameoooooo was referring to "The G Team" -- they did 19 in the Bangor area yesterday! Wowzers!

-RanMan22
    Just for the record...I was referring to The G Force.

Corrected my post...

my bad!

-RanMan22

Our "personal best" is only 8 on one day, but 6 of them were First Finds. At the rate new caches have been coming up down here it will be a long time before we top that.

Our best is 17 caches over 2 days in Moncton, New Brunswick.

Default One days caching in Maine

I have found 11 in one day twice, always seem to hit that one that takes longer than expected to find. Drove over 400 miles on one of those days. Have found 26 in a weekend Fri-Sun. As times goes on the cache densities are getting higher in some areas so I am sure some new cachers will top that due to not having to cover as large an area. In some states there are areas you cold find 11 caches in a one mile area. I don't like coming back to an area to find one cache so usually stay til I find the cache then continue on and don't really worry about how many for the day. Just keep on caching they are all fun. You don't melt away even in pouring rain just makes the hunt more memorable.