Slipping into summer cache 2006(pig roast)
by Blazing Trolls [profile]
<!--StartFragment -->In United States
Use waypoint: GCTRM1 (what's this?)
(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
Easy to find. Just follow the GPS until you get within about 75 feet and you should be in front of the house.
Come between noon and 1 pm and stay as long as you like.
This caching event will be to try and get Maine geocachers together.
We know it is hard for the Maine cachers in southern Maine area to make it to the cache events in the Bangor area. So we are making an effort to help them make this event. We are trying something different this year. We are making this a pig roast. So come hungry. We will be roasting a whole pig on a rotisserie through out the morning for the afternoon event. We have a grill for those that would like to bring there own food to cook.
We have a fairly large back yard. We can set up a slip and slide on the small hill in the back yard for the children or adults. We have done this for family events and it was very successful. We will have a canopy tent ready to set up in case of rain. If the weather does look back we can also set up a large covered tarp area. But we donít not want to think about the four letter word ďrainĒ. We will add at least two new close caches in the area so they can be found before or after this event and left for future caching.
If you want to get here earlier and head out for some local caching then you can stop off here first and leave what you donít want to carry around in your car. We can also set up an area if someone wants to tent here for the night.
If we get some tenters we can have a fire in the fire pit at night if it is not too windy. If you want to you can tent for the night and use our home as home base if you want to do some more caching the next day. If anyone is interested in bringing a tent and making this an overnighter event just let us know we have plenty of room. We would just like to have a head count for those wanting to spend the night. We will be having some type of breakfast the following morning so a head count would help.
We are also only one mile away from a bunch of lakes. There is a bridge just down the road that the local kids and adults use to jump from. It is only about 10 feet off the water.
For those that are interested I have a wireless router that can be turned on if they want to bring there laptops. I have moved the router so that the wireless connection will work better then what it did the last event.
We are very opened minded on what to have and do at this cache event.
Goals for this event include:
1. Sharing and showing others how to use a GPS.
2. Passing on helpful information for finding caches.
3. Demonstrating geocaching software and the pros and cons of different software.
4. Emphasizing LNT.
5. Discussing the procedures of hiding a cache.
6. Exchanging travel bus to move along.
And anything else that may come up.
Things to bring:
1. You and anyone interested in attending.
2. The food that you want to eat.
3. Chairs to sit in.
4. A good attitude.
5. Tent and sleeping gear if you plan on spending the night.
6. If you have an extra grill it might help.
7. Travel bugs to pass along. For anyone camping out for the night we will have a breakfast I in the morning. Consisting of pancakes and eggs and Orange Juice. We can make instant coffee. If someone brings a coffee maker then we can make real coffee. A head count for those spending the night would be nice. Please leave me email or post it here.
The wife has asked me to make recomandations for things that would be good to bring:
Any side dish you like to share.
Salads ie patatoe, macaroni, toss, pasta.