vb:literal>

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2006(pig roast)

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    What do you have for a coffee maker? I'm still saving my pennies for a Technivorm. I will bring along some of my home roasted coffee--some may find it more palatable than Charbucks ;-)
    I Googled Technivorm, since I'd never heard of it. Pretty impressive machine, gets good reviews (it should get a good review for around $200!)
    I just have my plain old Krups, makes a good cuppa, not great. Tends to burn on the hotplate if you leave it.

I think we have duelling discussions here, beer and coffee
    Both good, but you can brew a serving of coffee a heck of a lot faster than you can brew a serving of beer (I've tried both)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I Googled Technivorm, since I'd never heard of it. Pretty impressive machine, gets good reviews (it should get a good review for around $200!)
    I just have my plain old Krups, makes a good cuppa, not great. Tends to burn on the hotplate if you leave it.

Both good, but you can brew a serving of coffee a heck of a lot faster than you can brew a serving of beer (I've tried both)
    Duling beverages huh??? Well I bet I can drink more beers (and faster too) than you can drink coffee!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Well if someone wants to buy a keg and bring it you are more then welcome. For Tink and I the pig, rotisserie and other odds and ends will clean us out on expenses. I will say this though. This is not an adult party to sit around and get drunk at. Later on after all the kids have gone to bed we can sit around the fire and have some brews. We can even do that with the kids up. You can drink moderatly and have fun with out getting drunk. But no one will drive away from here if they have had to much to drink.
    Blazing Troll

True, even if you add in the time to roast your own greens. Right now I can only roast around 3oz. at a time, which takes around 15 minutes--my spring project is to build a roaster that can do at least 5lbs at a time.

The problem with most coffee makers is that they do not brew at the correct temperature (195 to 205 F, per the SCAA). Boiling water will overextract, resulting in a bitter brew, while cooler water will underextract the coffee's flavor components and result in a flat cup.

Perhaps I'll roast up a pound of Kona for the BBQ--yum!

I can carry on a pretty good discussion about tea, if anyone is interested!

WOW!! Just when I thought coffee couldn't get any more interesting!!!

I'm more of a Moxie man myself, although I have been known to drink a Woodchuck apple cider once in a blue moon as well . . . there's not a whole lot you need to know with either of these drinks other than serve chilled and how to open the cap.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team

Perhaps I'll roast up a pound of Kona for the BBQ--yum!

Mmmmmmmm, he said Kona

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Well if someone wants to buy a keg and bring it you are more then welcome. For Tink and I the pig, rotisserie and other odds and ends will clean us out on expenses. I will say this though. This is not an adult party to sit around and get drunk at. Later on after all the kids have gone to bed we can sit around the fire and have some brews. We can even do that with the kids up. You can drink moderatly and have fun with out getting drunk. But no one will drive away from here if they have had to much to drink.
    Don't worry Rick!! Bruce is responsible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Don't worry Rick!! Bruce is responsible!!
    Yeah, but I was REAL disappointed when Rick said it's not an "adult party to sit around and get drunk at". Sheesh! Too bad you won't be able to attend, Hiram...