vb:literal>

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2006(pig roast)

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    This sounds like a BLAST!!! We are the owners (ROOKIES) of 4 new funyaks and hope you professionals will let us come along (LOL!!!).

Team Teebow 1
    I was hoping you would have your new kayaks by the event so you could come.

The more people that come the merrier it will be.

There is no boat launch where we put in at. But there is a hole in the guardrail that was made for kayaks and canoes ti fit through. We will only be able to unload one vehicle at a time there and then go park the vehicle. It is tricky but it will not be a problem.
    Blazing Troll

I know the spot you are talking about...we used it a couple of weeks ago when we went paddling there.

Team Teebow
    (Tom)
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    I know the spot you are talking about...we used it a couple of weeks ago when we went paddling there.

Team Teebow
    (Tom)
    I am going to look this weekend for a better spot for a group to put there kyaks in at. I will try and make some connections with people down on hte lakes. I know of other spots that we can put in but it would be further away from the caches. It would be an extra 3 to four miles. I don't know if everyone is up for that. I will do some research this weekend and see what I can come up with.
    Blazing Troll

This is just an update. With the weather being nothing but rain I have not been able to go out and place these caches for the kayakers and canoers for the event weekend. I am hoping it will clear up this weekend sometime so I can do this. I am also researching the land where I am putting them to make sure it is not private land. I know one spot is OK, but I need to verify the other two. If they do not get done this does not mean that we still can not get a group out to paddle around though.

Going to go check on the pig today to make sure everything is all set up so we do not get any surprises at the last minute. I think there was someone that volunteered to help put on some kids events at the event. I can not remember who that person was though. We have not had time to even think about this. I don't know how many kids will be coming. If anyone wants to have some things prepared for the kids that would help out a lot. If the weather is good we will break out the 100 foot slip and slide. Even the adults might want to bring swim suites for this. So lets pray for good weather.

Thinks to keep in mind of what to bring.
    Bring some side dishes if you want we will need deserts and salads ie patatoe, macaroni, toss, pasta.
    Drinks whether it be soda and juice or adult beverages.
    Some chips would be nice.
    Chairs to sit in. We have some but not a lot.
    A good attitude.
    Kayak or canoe if you want to go out on Sunday.
    Tent and sleeping gear if you plan on spending the night.

It would also been nice to have a head count for those spending the night in tents. We have plenty of room but would jsut like an idea. Here is who we know about so far tenting out.

Maniac1957
    Team2Hunt
    Sudonim
    Dave and Gail
    TAT?
    Blazing Troll

Rick, we plan to bring our tent--can't guarantee if we'll be one, two or three. If it's just me, there may be some extra tent space (if snoring isn't a problem ).

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    TAT?
    I just got my rides lined up last night and everyting is set! I plan on camping and can't wait!!!

Thanks for putting on such a great event.

Thumbs up

We plan to attend but still don't know to what extent...would love to do the kayaking part but don't know about an overnight. Sounds like fun.

I thought I would not be available that weekend but now it looks like I can come for the day after all. I have a Palm Tungsten and I have been using Mobipocket for caching, if you would like to have them for demo purposes.

ETA I will not be able to come until afternoon because I have something at the Masonic Hall in Auburn til 3. I wonder if Terry will trade me a chicken for a Kacky Jr.?
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

I am planning on going up in the evening but I an not stay over cause I have to work both days and this is a very long commute.

I just may make it after all. If I do it will be a last minute thing. I'm trying to line someone up to cover for me so I will have to drive up from southern Mass and won't be able to stay all day. I will however have some cool stuff for the kids again. I'll have my newest rubber chickens too. #3 of the rubber chicken sig items. If anyone has an extra kayak I'm game. LOL