vb:literal>

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Maine Northwoods Tread Lightly® 4x4 Cache Rally

Removable REARS!? Haven't seen those--quick disconnects for the front are available from a number of vendors and are on my list of items to acquire as funds allow. As I said above, even towing a trailer on mountainous, bumpy, twisty roads, the lack of a rear swaybar seems to have no undesirable on-road effect but really frees up the rear to flex off road.

I didn't buy much--got a receiver mounted D ring for the new front receiver and a "handle keeper" for my Hi Lift jack.

The Tough Trucks event was pretty cool--the first guy to run it in the Stock class nose-dived into the double jump they had set up and endoed his pickup--pretty much flattened it--no roll cage The took him away on a stretcher, though he was conscious. Then, two XJs did the run and just flew right over the jumps with no problem--really cool!

The new radiator kept things pretty cool--I was running right at 210 at 75 in OD pulling the trailer with the Jeep full of people and camping gear--it was fully loaded for sure. The only time it got up to 215-220 was on one really long up hill grade on the Kangcamangus--2nd gear all the way for that hill! I will def be going to 4.11s when I get the 31s on!

I think we have decided to go ahead with the axle upgrade, so I'll probably swap the D35 Aussie I got for another. We're planning a junkyard trip (hopefully this week) to scout out an 8.8 out of an Explorer. After pricing disc brake conversions for the 8.25/D44, the 8.8 with factory discs (not to mention, a 31 spline axle shaft and massive 8.8" ring gear) starts to look like a pretty good deal. I'll be looking for one with 4.10/4.11s so all I'll have to do is drop in the correct Aussie and re-gear the front to match (and probably a selectable locking in the front at the same time to save having to set up the gears again at a later day).

Yeah, I got the Geo Post thing--guess I misunderstood about folks downloading--they were talking about actually *viewing* the PP, I take it (granted, downloading a 300 MB file would take awhile, even on cable!)

We need to get some trucks together soon for a trail ride (some caches along the way would make it even more interesting)!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Ok, I will share my wisdom...

I had to save the file to my hard drive and then right click the file and change the open with to power point and change the file type to .ppt

I cant garrentee that it will work for everyone but remember that it is a huge file and for those of us running norton it will scan automatically. I think this is when we got stuck at the meeting today. I let mine finish the scan. It took a couple of minutes. This file is about 300 meg. It will take awhile to scan so be patient. The wait is worth it. If this doesnt work I will check tomorrow and see if there are other ways.
    Thanks Dave . . . one of the reasons the file is so large is that I was using a camera that takes 9 or 10 megapixel pics -- which is nice when it comes to the quality of the photo, but not so nice when it comes to sending them via e-mail or in this case putting them on file -- especially when there's over 150+ photos. Glad you liked the show.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Very nice work Jake. I especially like the picture of Jock watering Gary's Tahoe. I'm glad you included some of Dave's pics of the alternate trip.
    I didn't notice that shot until I was reviewing the show and when I did I got a little chuckle out of that as well -- I think Jock was helping to clean everyone's truck that day though!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team

We need to get some trucks together soon for a trail ride (some caches along the way would make it even more interesting)!
    I've been PM-ing Hiram with some possible places -- nothing too radical of course, but some nice places for off-roading/gravel road driving and some camping spots nearby. I think we could even get ourselves a guide (Dave/Gail?) at the Millinocket Area caches if the times and dates worked out for them. Of course most of these places were suggestions for TreadLightly 2007: The Sequel and TreadLightly 2008: The Return of Hiram, but just getting together at these places would be fun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Thanks Dave . . . one of the reasons the file is so large is that I was using a camera that takes 9 or 10 megapixel pics -- which is nice when it comes to the quality of the photo, but not so nice when it comes to sending them via e-mail or in this case putting them on file -- especially when there's over 150+ photos. Glad you liked the show.

It would have been easy to do a batch image resize with just about any photo software and you could have saved it as that and it wouldn't have degraded the photos and would have been a lot quicker to download and not have taken us dial-up users forever to download. Just a suggestion for the next time thats all. I still would like to see it someday.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    It would have been easy to do a batch image resize with just about any photo software and you could have saved it as that and it wouldn't have degraded the photos and would have been a lot quicker to download and not have taken us dial-up users forever to download.
    Dial up? Sheesh, I remember those days! LOL!

But I think you'd also be able to do it with the software that came with your camera. I have a Kodak camera, and I've found i can do a lot with their software.