vb:literal>

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Maine Northwoods Tread Lightly® 4x4 Cache Rally

Well I received an e-mail and it seems as though Dave and Gail are the first folks to receive their geo-package that I sent out to the participants of the Tread Lightly 2006 event.

Just as a reminder to the rest of you . . . I dropped the packages in the Bangor Geo Post Office. If you're in the area you may want to pick it up -- and if anyone is planning on attending Sunday's event and know that another participant in TL2006 may be attending this event it might be nice to bring their package to that event as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Well I received an e-mail and it seems as though Dave and Gail are the first folks to receive their geo-package that I sent out to the participants of the Tread Lightly 2006 event.

Just as a reminder to the rest of you . . . I dropped the packages in the Bangor Geo Post Office. If you're in the area you may want to pick it up -- and if anyone is planning on attending Sunday's event and know that another participant in TL2006 may be attending this event it might be nice to bring their package to that event as well.
    I probably won't be up that way for a while, can you go get it for me?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I probably won't be up that way for a while, can you go get it for me?
    I was sort of hoping someone from this way might pick it up and bring it down . . . or move it along. If you want I can arrange a meeting . . . say Unity House of Pizza on Day X at Time Y.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I was sort of hoping someone from this way might pick it up and bring it down . . . or move it along. If you want I can arrange a meeting . . . say Unity House of Pizza on Day X at Time Y.
    depending on what stefs doin on saturday, i was thinking about getting in a day of caching up that way. perhaps maybe we could drag a few other cachers into it and do some bangor caching (after pizza of course)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Maybe I see a trip to Bangor in my future for tomorrow and I need the Geo Post office anyway.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Maybe I see a trip to Bangor in my future for tomorrow and I need the Geo Post office anyway.
    Ah, "The Great Hafinski the Fortune Teller" has spoken! If you are interested John there's a few general delivery CDs in there as well for anyone that would like to see what the crew (or "mob" as Brad called us) were up to on that weekend.

I will be unable to attend the GCMaine.org organizational meeting . . . mainly since my wife informed me last week that this weekend will be devoted to replacing some bad floor stringers under the house which she said she could go "easily" . . . and of course they never go easily . . . there's always a problem. I'd rather be geocaching with a Magellan than spend the weekend working on this . . . but it is necessary.

depending on what stefs doin on saturday, i was thinking about getting in a day of caching up that way. perhaps maybe we could drag a few other cachers into it and do some bangor caching (after pizza of course)
    If you have the Jeep put back together I would highly recommend a short side jaunt to Peak at Peeked Peak (or something to that effect) as well as the Stonehouse . . . beautiful views and you would be able to use that 4 x 4 without fear of falling off the side of a mountain!

It's not right in Bangor, but it's close enough and well worth the ride. A two-for-one special in a very pretty spot and you get to exercise the Jeep's 4WD running gear if you so choose without fear of driving off the side of a mountain.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-9bf9062ec412

and

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...8-4fa0439a5fa0

and another fun cache to ride up to . . .

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...e-d51ceb55fd97

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    If you go Haffy could you get my geomail please?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    If you go Haffy could you get my geomail please?
    Me too, please. I hope to be back in town for the meeting Sunday--we are going camping in VT for the weekend. If not, I can meet in town most anytime :-)
    Thanks!