vb:literal>

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Northwoods Tread Lightly® 4x4 Cache Rally

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I have been thinking about this a little. I think our first order of business after breakfast should be to head to the campsite. This way the people that are coming in cars can park there cars and head back out with the people in trucks. If there are caches along the way to the campsite that cars and trucks can do then that would be fine. But I think our first order of business should be to part the cars at the campsite and head back out in the trucks.
    hmmmm.... keen observation there Rick... brings up a few questions, like how many people are planning on driving something un-offroadworthy? And what caches are en-route to campsite... and it would be nice to have a total headcount... I'm still getting emails from people saying they're thinking about coming (even though we posted to reply before the end of last month) but we're not going to turn anyone away because of it. Does anyone have any more cache suggestions or off-road suggestions?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

The only way your going to know who is going to come is the day of the event at breakfast. When they show up you will know they are there. That is how events turn out. People say there coming and don't show. Then you have the people who don't know or don't post but end up coming. The is the way an event goes. So the best way to do it is to all sit down at breakfast and see what happens.
    Blazing Troll

I was actually thinking about coming just for Breakfast. Will that work? I have heard 6 am but do we know where in Fairfield?

Default See here---->

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I was actually thinking about coming just for Breakfast. Will that work? I have heard 6 am but do we know where in Fairfield?
    Cam, The posted coords are for the restaurant
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    hmmmm.... keen observation there Rick... brings up a few questions, like how many people are planning on driving something un-offroadworthy? And what caches are en-route to campsite... and it would be nice to have a total headcount... I'm still getting emails from people saying they're thinking about coming (even though we posted to reply before the end of last month) but we're not going to turn anyone away because of it. Does anyone have any more cache suggestions or off-road suggestions?
    Believe it or not I am about 90.3% certain that I will actually be attending this cache event and break my long-standing self-imposed ban on attending cache events . . . the combination of camping, geocaching and off-roading is just too much of a temptation to me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I have been thinking about this a little. I think our first order of business after breakfast should be to head to the campsite. This way the people that are coming in cars can park there cars and head back out with the people in trucks. If there are caches along the way to the campsite that cars and trucks can do then that would be fine. But I think our first order of business should be to part the cars at the campsite and head back out in the trucks.
    I need to check our Moxie Falls cache, and will do it tomorrow. Barring any recent washouts - which I will report on tomorrow - the route you have planned can be covered in anything but a REAL LOW sedan.

Sheesh! You guys think you're getting out into the DEEP DARK WOODS! LOL!
    This is my backyard - literally!

Default Oh gees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Cam, The posted coords are for the restaurant
    No, I can't believe I asked that question either. oh gees!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! You guys think you're getting out into the DEEP DARK WOODS! LOL!
    This is my backyard - literally!
    haha, no where just going places that sedans can't We figured that not everyone owns a Jeep so we might as well make a 4x4 rally that fords (... and tahoes ) can do....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I thought I would mention something else for the kayakers that may be coming to this event and spending the night.

A good trip to do on Sunday in The Forks area is the Kennebec River. You can put in at the bridge in The Forks and paddle to the Caratunk boat launch. Tink and I have done that trip several times and we would do it again in a heart beat, but Tink has to work this weekend and if I ride with Mike then I will not be able to bring my kayak. If we have enough people that may be interested in doing this I could be talked into brining my truck and kayak though.
    Blazing Troll

I thought I would mention something else for the kayakers that may be coming to this event and spending the night.

A good trip to do on Sunday in The Forks area is the Kennebec River. You can put in at the bridge in The Forks and paddle to the Caratunk boat launch.

And keep in mind that there is a cache at the Caratunk boat launch (we maintain this one - it almost didn't get listed because it was a "vacation" cache, but we volunteered to be responsible for it - before we understood about actually adopting a cache! LOL!)

And the "Castaway" cache on Lake Moxie would be a good trip. It's only been found once this year...