vb:literal>

Thread: RE: "Educational" Caches

Default RE: "Educational" Caches

My younger brother (much younger) brother is home schooled and I thought I would take him out someday for a combination field trip/educational trip. Besides teaching him about the science of geocaching, history of navigation, etc. I thought it would be nice to get to an area with some "historical" caches since I really would like to make this an educational experience for him. Any suggestions on general locations and/or caches . . . by the way, I also figured this would give me an excuse to get some more caches in!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Not to plug my own cache...but well...Bucksport...who knew? has plaques along the Bucksport waterfront talking about the history of Bucksport and there are 2 Earthcaches nearby (1 in Ellsworth by Northwoods Explorer, 1 in Franklin by Parmachenee). Earthcaches are always educational.

There's the Joshua Chamberlain cache in Brewer, and the Pound cache in Orrington... both right on Rt 15
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Make sure you check the grandfathered virtuals!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

I tried to make 2 caches that would be learning experiences:

Celestial Navigation would be a challenge, but might be doable.

Tidal Earthcache is educational, but it would really be more like a day at the beach.