vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hiking up Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by lwa11
    Do you need permts for a knife like you would a gun?
    Well, not in central or northern Maine - it's like American Express - we don't leave home without it. And an axe is handy, too. Never know when the road will be blocked by a blowdown.

Not sure about Portland, though...

Anyone taking any mountain hikes this week within driving distance of Portland?

Donna and I are chaperoning Tuesday (6/13) for the Jr. High Blue Team field trip which is a hike up Mt. Agamenticus in York. It's a real easy hike and you also have the choice of driving to the top. There are three caches near the top which I've done, and two more temporarily disabled ones near the bottom. If the weather is clear you can see Mt. Washington from the top. We will only be there for a couple hours late morning.

Is there an easy way to figure out if a cache is at these locations? I mean to find them in google or geocaching.com?

If you use GSAk I would use a filter and use Mountain as part of the filter.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

The 5 caches on Mt. Agamenticus are temporarily disabled. We are working with the land managers to allow caching on the mountain and hope to have all of the caches back online soon.

Thanks, TAT... I just got an email from Gob-ler stating the same thing. I hadn't noticed they were archived because my pocket queries exclude caches already found! Gob-ler has asked me to grab the geocoin up there... should I grab the TB's as well or leave them in the hope that the cache becomes reactivated soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Thanks, TAT... I just got an email from Gob-ler stating the same thing. I hadn't noticed they were archived because my pocket queries exclude caches already found! Gob-ler has asked me to grab the geocoin up there... should I grab the TB's as well or leave them in the hope that the cache becomes reactivated soon?
    I think that would be ok with the manager.

They were very appreciative that we all agreed to disable our caches but they are not opposed to caching. They just want us to keep from making new, unauthorized trails. One person accessing the area would not have much concern to them, but 6 years of continuous use has made some noticeable trails.

Beautiful day for a hike today! I found the cache OK and grabbed the geocoin, but there were no travel bugs to be found! So I guess they are orphans. Mission accomplished, now hopefully those caches can be put back in action so others can enjoy them.