vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hiking up Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    old spec is a good hike but I think that I would warm up with a trip up table rock
    Not sure which Table Rock you are talking about, but the two I know of are awesome!! There is a Table Rock in Grafton Notch (Maine) and another Table Rock in Dixville Notch (NH). I would recommend them both!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Not sure which Table Rock you are talking about, but the two I know of are awesome!! There is a Table Rock in Grafton Notch (Maine) and another Table Rock in Dixville Notch (NH). I would recommend them both!
    Table rock in grafton notch. We snowshoed that 2 winters ago and it was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone.

We have also hiked it several times in the warmer climates. They where great also.

how about this one. Will the real Bald Mt. please stand up?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...aspx?wp=gc8a31

Are there many caches on mountain hikes like this?

Any easy way to find the listings?

Does anyone do any of these during the week? I wouldn't mind trying to hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    The odds of you just running into a bear are pretty slim. THey are very timid. Now realize someone will, I'm sure tell you of a story that happened to them once. I to was chased by a bear but that was a fluke. The one thing that you never want to do is get between the cubs and momma bear. That might be a bad thing. I can count on one hand all the bears I "stumbled" across in the maine woods. I would be more affraid of being mugged in Lewiston Auburn then worry about bears.
    DAve

Then the chances are nil. I cache alone in L/A several times a week and have walked here every day, and many nights, for decades. Ain't nobody getting mugged in L/A. Have you been here Dave? We'd love to see ya!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Well I can say that I have lived in Portland all 35 years of my life..... yes..all 35 of them. lol

I have not been mugged. Never seen a mugging in person. I have seen two moose though in Portland, in the downtown area.

So you know....... who knows about bears. What do you do when you run into one?

Anyone heard of or tried spray?

I'd throw 99 to it and run like hell!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

lol....

she doesn't hike...... mountains not here thing.... so that plan won't work. lol

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky
    Then the chances are nil. I cache alone in L/A several times a week and have walked here every day, and many nights, for decades. Ain't nobody getting mugged in L/A. Have you been here Dave? We'd love to see ya!

http://nneindicators.unh.edu/ShowOne...=31&FIPS=23000

At this web site if you click the link to take you County rankings for Maine I think that there is a Violent crime issue in southern maine. I dont feel any different Then I did before I would just rather take my chance up here but Thanks for the offer though

I would agree..... even the 4 cases per year in the 16th ranked county is more than violent bear encounter reported.... that I can remember added together probably over years. Unless they just do not make the news.