vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cache Hiding Ethics

the bessie cache

I think you'll find that the bessie cache is an attempt at humor, since moving caches are no longer allowed.

Default Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I think you'll find that the bessie cache is an attempt at humor, since moving caches are no longer allowed.
    It's been moving my stomach muscles quite a lot.

Obviously you weren't at the wings and beer event to see haffy in action then. You ain't seen rowdy until you've seen haffy on a tear!
    Rowdy's a bad choice of words. Boisterous, maybe, or just laughing and talking a lot. Stuff you wouldn't do in a cemetery if anyone else was there.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

attempt? ATTEMPT??????

I don't attempt humor, I beat it into submission. LOL
    (I certainly hope DiverDaves comments and e-mail to me were made "tongue in cheek")

Now as for my "Right in Plain Sight" caches, everything was either picked up on my own property or bought and paid for, then modified for the cache and placed. "IV" has indeed contributed to the area being cleaned up because there was a lot of trash around there when I placed the cache but because of geocachers the place has really been cleaned up a lot.

To me the spirit of Caching is to do no harm when placing or hunting caches and to be respectful of others. I won't place a cemetary cache because some people are very sensitive about the area where the used up bodies of their loved ones are buried.
    The way things are since 9/11 it's easy to understand why bridges and other sensitive areas like power plants are off limits.
    Now if I am hunting a cache in the woods I don't see any difference between me tromping through the woods and deer, moose, or hunters tromping through the woods. I would think I have just as much right to do that as they do since I live here too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    attempt? ATTEMPT??????

I don't attempt humor, I beat it into submission. LOL
    (I certainly hope DiverDaves comments and e-mail to me were made "tongue in cheek")

Now as for my "Right in Plain Sight" caches, everything was either picked up on my own property or bought and paid for, then modified for the cache and placed. "IV" has indeed contributed to the area being cleaned up because there was a lot of trash around there when I placed the cache but because of geocachers the place has really been cleaned up a lot.

To me the spirit of Caching is to do no harm when placing or hunting caches and to be respectful of others. I won't place a cemetary cache because some people are very sensitive about the area where the used up bodies of their loved ones are buried.
    The way things are since 9/11 it's easy to understand why bridges and other sensitive areas like power plants are off limits.
    Now if I am hunting a cache in the woods I don't see any difference between me tromping through the woods and deer, moose, or hunters tromping through the woods. I would think I have just as much right to do that as they do since I live here too. LOL
    LaughingTerry,

You quote " To me the spirit of Caching is to do no harm".... so far your caches have beat, bruised, and warped what little brain I have. Keep it up!!!!

Team Teebow
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    LaughingTerry,

You quote " To me the spirit of Caching is to do no harm".... so far your caches have beat, bruised, and warped what little brain I have. Keep it up!!!!

Team Teebow
    That's not beating, bruising and warping, it's called exercising!
    And believe me, he's exercised mine plenty

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    We were real uncomfortable lately doing a cache right at the end of the runway of the Bangor Airport! We could just see flashing lights heading in our direction as we rooted around the brush the the end of a MILITARY flight line.

But a find is a find!

Right on brdad - "tastefully done" - key words! Cemetaries are fascinating places with a great amount of historical data here. I recently scouted one locally.

There are web gen folks gnashing at the bit to have folks transcribe headstone information and publish on the web. There might be a potential partnership here (lots of us had lap tops). There are many "lost" cemetaries in Maine. Small private ones which are literally "in the woods".

Jake has a point too about not necessarily the location but the thought. If part of the excercise/game is to memoralize someone and that is well stated in the cache, if I was in the ground there I wouldn't mind.

Agreed too, many caches seem to take you beyond the edge. Those that; seem to be beyond what we know is right safety wise (both electrical and water - wading a stream is not for me - and I am sure there are more examples), hidden with clue(s) that are truly not relevant or even half way dechiperable, coordinates which are way off and in places that really only elevate your numbers but do nothing for your knowledge of the area or do not provide you with something scenic or to do.

Again - JMO (Just My Opinion) Thanks for the forum!