vb:literal>

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: New cache waiting to be published

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Unfortunatly, that cache is probably still out in the woods somewhere as geo-trash.
    Oh no! Not another rescue mission!!

Okay, here we go. I love the idea of this cache. However, I don't follow a thing you guys are talking about as far as bowtie.csv+gsak-whatever. Has anyone else come up with a clever way (besides brdad) to find out how many maps they have cleared so far? I printed off a little map and plan to cross them out as I go. When I look at the map, and pull a town, I can usually remember if I have been there to cache, and then find what map it is in. Pretty time consuming, but doable. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    The .csv files are updated. Once again, if anyone sees anything wrong, let me know
    Looks pretty good, I think you are almost there. I just found one error. It looks like 51.csv is wrong, it looks like a copy of 50.csv.

Thanks for taking all the time to put this together for everyone else to use.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Okay, here we go. I love the idea of this cache. However, I don't follow a thing you guys are talking about as far as bowtie.csv+gsak-whatever. Has anyone else come up with a clever way (besides brdad) to find out how many maps they have cleared so far? I printed off a little map and plan to cross them out as I go. When I look at the map, and pull a town, I can usually remember if I have been there to cache, and then find what map it is in. Pretty time consuming, but doable. Any ideas?
    I've been crossing off the maps on the back of my Gazetteer.
    I also bought a 30x40" map of Maine, put it on a corkboard and I'm using pins to plot out northern Maine caches so I can figure out how to optimize my trips.
    Pedalchick is making noises like I may have a problem, but hey, I can stop whenever I want...right?

Post I'm working on an EXCEL ....

I have been working with TAT on an EXCEL spreadsheet that gives the index page of the caches. If all goes well I will be available to download soon.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Default Hello....dummy needs assistance... hello

OK what do I do with all these numbers now. I know how to do the polygon on GSAK. Is there a way to import them or do I have to hand enter them. I'm sure I am just missing some obvious step here. Please HELP
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    OK what do I do with all these numbers now. I know how to do the polygon on GSAK. Is there a way to import them or do I have to hand enter them. I'm sure I am just missing some obvious step here. Please HELP
    In GSAK go to filter and there is a tab on the right named "arc/poly". Click on that tab. There is a button "load from file". Click on that and pick the .csv file for the map # you want to filter. Make sure you picked polygon as the filter type.

Can you load all of them as a batch file or do they have to be loaded individually?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Can you load all of them as a batch file or do they have to be loaded individually?
    You could load all the points in one file, but then you would see all of the caches you found in Maine. What you want to know is which maps you have found a cache. I can't think of a way to which parts of the filter added caches and which ones didn't. But, applying the filters individually, it is easy to see if there are any finds with any particular filter.

Default It works great!!

I have it going now and it's working fine. Now I just have to get out and get the missing areas.
    Happy Trails!