vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New cache waiting to be published

No. Do not exempt the best parts! If you find a map that seems to have no access, please let me know! If there are no caches, we should be able to work with someone who can responibly place and maintain one.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Well, sheesh! Nobody can make a statement that will be true in absolutely every single situation! LOL!
    Is that true?

Default Should I or should I not?

I have been working with GPSFUN to make this a workable cache for both cachers and me as the owner. He has been GREAT on giving me ideas and suggestions and I think it is almost ready to be published.

I have exempted the following pages but if anyone feels I should remove them let me know. This is what I have posted on the cache page;

"I have decided to exempt the following pages; 54, 60, 61, 62, 66, and 70. These pages currently do not have caches in them and are parts of paper company property and such. I feel it would be to difficult or near impossible to get permission for a cache in those areas."

I want this to be a fun challenge for everyone. When I stumbled across the California DeLorme Challenge on GC.com I thought HOW COOL, Maine needs one of these. But with Maine's remoteness I knew it would be a challenge to get permission to place a cache in some of the index pages and almost canned the whole thing. But after talking to some other cachers at work and they talking to GPSFUN I decided to go forward with the idea.

So, once it becomes published and if folks feel I should remove some of the exemp pages or add other ones please let me know.

Tom T
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Default Cache is published...GCW8N6

The challenge is published!!!

Team Teebow 1
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

I saw the original version of this cache and thought it looked like a lot of fun. Looking forward to completing this one (some day!)

What a fun rainy day project! I made 1 set of 70 filters for GSAK to find out just how many maps I've "cleared". I was supprised to see how many maps still have no caches.

So, here's an idea for a new cache series:

Delorme's Missing Caches, Map #9, 45, 46, 47. 48, 52, 56, 57, 63. 67. 68.

If you are interested in placing them or agreeing to be a maintainer, post a note here.

Let me know if you are interested in the filters and I will send you a link.

TAT, great minds think alike! I read this as I was in the middle of an Excel spreadsheet trying to export pocket queries into it to figure out the same thing. A couple of discrepencies...
    Map 9. 2 caches, GC8437 and GCGNX2

Map 38 has no caches in it. There are two close ones, but just off.
    I haven't checked far north yet, but working on it.

Also trying to figure the fastest way between coburn gore and the border crossing in Jackman. I think through Canada...

Also:
    Map 45 GC8746, GCK3X8
    Map 47 GCGYC4
    Map 56 GC311E
    Map 63 GC9705, GC4701
    MAP 68 GCKFMC

I'm working out of the '97 Gazetteer, but I am assuming that the pages are on the same coord grids.

Well, I tried to do some checking but, there sure are a lot of ways to go wrong. Here is a link for the spread sheet:

http://www.gobozeman.net/thetiemans/tom/delorme.xls

And the .csv files:

http://www.gobozeman.net/thetiemans/tom/delorme.zip

Hopefully, together, we can get a handle on this. I'm using a 2004 map.

I checked the errors that Sudonim reported. The good news is the errors are not in the filters. I missed map 38 in the post. I need to get all of the caches in my GSAK database. I guess I need to do a better pq!