vb:literal>

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: New cache waiting to be published

I fixed file 51.csv and hopefully that is the last error. Good luck and if any one has trouble, just post your questions here.

Post Here is an EXCEL Spreadsheet

I was very intrigued by the DeLorme Challenge when I saw it but I probably will never get to log it.

When I saw what TAT had done with filters for GSAK it got my mind going to see what areas that I had gotten done. I worked on an EXCEL spreadsheet that can be used to find what index sheet they are in. It can accept data from a GSAK .csv file as input. If you enter all the Maine caches it provides insight into how many caches are in each index. If you just enter your “found” caches you will know where you have to go yet.

TAT has been a great help and has agreed to host the spreadsheet in an area where all can view it and download it to use. BE FORWARNED IT IS A 7 Mb file and will take some time if you are on dial-up. The data in the file now is from a Pocket Query run on 06/05/06 and includes 1205 caches that are active or unavailable. No archived caches.

You can go here to get the spreadsheet

http://www.gobozeman.net/thetiemans/...me calc R2.xls

I hope it helps.

You can PM me with comments, suggestions, and problems.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Smile

Once again Sabby, you impress me with your mad excel skills
    I like the last one where you put the maps in the right graphical order.
    Thanks.

d’76 Guest

Where do you guys come up with stuff. This is awesome. Thanks so much. I feel pretty lucky that I have already got some of the harder maps complete. I will be interested to see how many I have. I will play with that spread sheet and my cache page and see how many I have left.

You guys are the greatest.

Now that I downloaded the excel spreadsheet it is asking me what to use to open it with. So what do I use to open it with? I know I am puter illiterate.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Now that I downloaded the excel spreadsheet it is asking me what to use to open it with. So what do I use to open it with? I know I am puter illiterate.
    Open it with Excel! LOL!

(It's a Microsoft spreadsheet program)

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    I suspect, John, that you do not have MS Excel on your computer. You could try the free Open Office software, available here:

http://www.openoffice.org/

which has an Excel compatible spreadsheet (though some advanced features may work differently or not at all). Be forewarned, it is a large download.

Default Wow!!!

Cheryl and I are enjoying all of the buzz going on here. You folks certianly have shown your creativeness on creating something to solve your cache finds in each index page. I give all of you an A+. I was afraid no one would like the challenge but I think I was wrong....

Team Teebow 1
    Tom T
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    Cheryl and I are enjoying all of the buzz going on here. You folks certianly have shown your creativeness on creating something to solve your cache finds in each index page. I give all of you an A+. I was afraid no one would like the challenge but I think I was wrong....

Team Teebow 1
    Tom T
    The two biggest challenges are going to be getting enough time off from work to make the long drives north, and that nasty gas card bill at the end of the month
    Planning this one has gotten the thinking cap working hard, thanks for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    I was very intrigued by the DeLorme Challenge when I saw it but I probably will never get to log it.

When I saw what TAT had done with filters for GSAK it got my mind going to see what areas that I had gotten done. I worked on an EXCEL spreadsheet that can be used to find what index sheet they are in. It can accept data from a GSAK .csv file as input. If you enter all the Maine caches it provides insight into how many caches are in each index. If you just enter your “found” caches you will know where you have to go yet.

TAT has been a great help and has agreed to host the spreadsheet in an area where all can view it and download it to use. BE FORWARNED IT IS A 7 Mb file and will take some time if you are on dial-up. The data in the file now is from a Pocket Query run on 06/05/06 and includes 1205 caches that are active or unavailable. No archived caches.

You can go here to get the spreadsheet

http://www.gobozeman.net/thetiemans/...me calc R2.xls

I hope it helps.

You can PM me with comments, suggestions, and problems.

Awesome job!! Thanks!!