vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Increased Security at Canadian Border

I went kayaking on a lake in Danforth. The campground told me I could go anywhere on the lake, even into Canada, as long as I did not get out of the boat on that side! It is the first time I've been in Canada without going through customs at all.

We went to Beantown last weekend to spend some of our moldy old money and anticipated having a hold up at the Houlton crossing but were only asked the usual questions. Where ya goin', when ya coming back, how are all you people related, got any meat, eggs, or dairy products?, etc. We had our picture ID's ready but weren't asked for them. We had even less problem coming back. Did you receive any gifts that you didn't pay for ?, (?) What is the value of your goods, do you have any liquor? We didn't wait at all there. I even managed to find a few cahes while we were away. Those rest stop caches are downright convienient.
    It's gotta be here somewhere...

I was surprised at the border crossing in March, felt like a fashion model with the pictures flashing. No trouble tho. Lucky to be such good neighbors in free countries that we can dart back and forth virtually at will.

Get any good caches Dusty? of course they are all good, but I mean really good

We got question the other looking for a Quebec cache that was right on the border. But once we explained geocaching to the guys everything was fine. Often when we are exploring near the border and come out of the woods the guys are there to ask their questions, but once you explain what you are doing all is good. We crossed over and the guy at the Canadian border asked if we were going geocaching or caving. Answered geocaching and we were on our way. It is nice if you use the same crossing often.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

We went into Canada on Monday (Calais/St Stephen), and returned today (Campobello Island). No problems at all going in (there was a VERY long line/delay coming back into the US at Calais), and only a few minutes delay coming from Campobello today. They checked our ID's, logged us into the computer, adn we were on our way.