vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Photos

Default Posting Photos

We have noticed lately that some photos that are being posted have little or nothing to do with geocaching and we ask that all who submit photos make sure that they do indeed have a geocaching reason behind them. Nature photos and flowers etc are nice to look at and all but they must have been taken while going to or from or at a geocache to be eligible for posting.

This site is not mean't to be a free photo gallery for all personal photos as there are many free websites out there that are just that. The storage capacity that we have for this site in not unlimited so please in the future just post photos that have at least some relationship to geocaching. And also while posting your photos it would be nice to add a short description as to where the photo was taken so we all can know. Thanks
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Did I miss the vote for the Photo Police?

Just kidding, haffy, I agree with you. But, I was wrong on thinking all the jokes should be geocaching related as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Did I miss the vote for the Photo Police?

Just kidding, haffy, I agree with you. But, I was wrong on thinking all the jokes should be geocaching related as well.
    How about making sure the photo is similar to the ones you had to submit for a locationless cache: your GPSr had to be in the photo!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    How about making sure the photo is similar to the ones you had to submit for a locationless cache: your GPSr had to be in the photo!
    That's why the Doot-it-Yourself Locationless Cache Generator was invented!

Hey, that's funny Dave but I have the Vista and not the Legend........
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

That's why the Doot-it-Yourself Locationless Cache Generator was invented!
    Sheesh!

wow, i wonder how many people have used that to claim caches they didn't do??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Actually, that app was made by someone as a joke. But, it was inspired by a real event. There was a certian cacher, who I won't mention, who photoshopped his hand and GPS on many locationless caches. I think it was probably done in fun, but you know how these things can get out of hand. Anyway, eventually some cachers noticed that a few of the pics looked like pictures you could find elsewhere on the web and it caused quite a stir in the gc.com forums for a while.

Actually, that app was made by someone as a joke. But, it was inspired by a real event. There was a certian cacher, who I won't mention, who photoshopped his hand and GPS on many locationless caches. .
    I've wondered many times how some people got so many locationless caches.

From reading logs, I see that many people ignored the rules about logging previously found sites, of of using the same photo for more than one cache.

Personally I never liked the locationless caches . . . namely because of the many stipulations that once a certain location was used it could no longer be used . . . there are only so many steam locomotives still around, suspension bridges, etc. Didn't quite seem fair to new folks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."