vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Increased Security at Canadian Border

Default Increased Security at Canadian Border

Here's a link to an article about increased security at the Canadian border.

We go to Canada often, for both caching and general shopping. We've have noticed recently that, in addition to the usual driver's license check and the wquestions about what you've brought back, they take our driver's licenses into the building and we wait about 5 more minutes. Evidently the "background check" has been going on for some time.

But the wait is minimal, and we STRONGLY encourage you to try caching in Canada for a change. There are some really interesting sights and history.

For some reason the link didn't work in my first message.

I think it's a good trend, I hope they tighten up the unattended borders aas well!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

I think we should close all our borders and post gaurds on them and let no one in or out.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I think we should close all our borders and post gaurds on them and let no one in or out.
    No, no... If someone doesn't like it here, let them go. We just want to keep out the people who come to Maine because they "like the way of life", and then want t ostart changing things! LOL!

Here is an article that was on the front page of the Bangor Daily News last week http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/templates/?a=134660

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    Here is an article that was on the front page of the Bangor Daily News last week http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/templates/?a=134660
    Well, I guess we have to be ESPECIALLY careful about who enters the US from Campobello!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Well, I guess we have to be ESPECIALLY careful about who enters the US from Campobello!
    We'll get ya here, then won't let ya leave!! MMUUHHAAA!!!

For almost a week they was asking for IDs and checking in the trunk. Now they are just checking the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    We'll get ya here, then won't let ya leave!! MMUUHHAAA!!!

For almost a week they was asking for IDs and checking in the trunk. Now they are just checking the trunk.
    Well, I know for a fact that there's a ferry from Campobello to Deer Island - I'll sneak off that way! LOL!