Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: A Geocaching Maine.org First!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default A Geocaching Maine.org First!!!

    WhereRWe is about to hit 2,000 posts!! (I wanted to be the first to post it so I'm posting it before he hits 2,000 which will probably be some time tonight unless he wants to make me look like a fool and creat a new screen name for GCM so that he would never hit 2000 which seems like something he would do just to do it... )

    SOOOOO ANYWAYS.... that's all I had to say.

    Thanks for listening....

    uhhh.. reading....



    You're still reading?? the post is over... I'm done now....
    Last edited by attroll; 06-04-2006 at 11:24 PM.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    WhereRWe is about to hit 2,000 posts!! (I wanted to be the first to post it so I'm posting it before he hits 2,000 which will probably be some time tonight unless he wants to make me look like a fool and creat a new screen name for GCM so that he would never hit 2000 which seems like something he would do just to do it... )

    SOOOOO ANYWAYS.... that's all I had to say.

    Thanks for listening....

    uhhh.. reading....



    You're still reading?? the post is over... I'm done now....
    We can tell that, that bums you out that he has more post then you. It is not the most post that count but the quality of the post.
    Blazing Troll

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    We can tell that, that bums you out that he has more post then you. It is not the most post that count but the quality of the post.
    That's right! And Maine does have some quality lamp posts. In fact, I'd like to propose a new change on the new coin - let's have it say "Maine - The Way Lamp Post Caching Should Be"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,576

    Red face Dave,Dave,Dave...

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    That's right! And Maine does have some quality lamp posts. In fact, I'd like to propose a new change on the new coin - let's have it say "Maine - The Way Lamp Post Caching Should Be"
    you're disturbed...


    but funny
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Central, Maine
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    That's right! And Maine does have some quality lamp posts. In fact, I'd like to propose a new change on the new coin - let's have it say "Maine - The Way Lamp Post Caching Should Be"
    I think Nashville already has that!! But we could try guardrail posts??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, Maine
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    I think Nashville already has that!! But we could try guardrail posts??
    Let's see, at 10 guadrail micros per mile....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Unfortunately I did not get a chance to get there but there was a bridge near the GeoWoodstock event (Ft. Worth TX, I think) that was quite popular. About 2 miles long, there is a cache at every minimum distance. You can do the whole bridge and get 24 caches. Most people do it on a bicycle in the earloy morning or evening when the heat is less. It'll take less than an hour to get them all. Do we have any places like that in Maine?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    You can do the whole bridge and get 24 caches. Most people do it on a bicycle in the earloy morning or evening when the heat is less. It'll take less than an hour to get them all. Do we have any places like that in Maine?
    No, but I hate to say that you've probably given certain Maine geocachers an idea...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    No, but I hate to say that you've probably given certain Maine geocachers an idea...
    I've heard through the grapevine Hiram is trying to submit his 999 bottles of beer on the wall cache series.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Topsham
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    Unfortunately I did not get a chance to get there but there was a bridge near the GeoWoodstock event (Ft. Worth TX, I think) that was quite popular. About 2 miles long, there is a cache at every minimum distance. You can do the whole bridge and get 24 caches. Most people do it on a bicycle in the earloy morning or evening when the heat is less. It'll take less than an hour to get them all. Do we have any places like that in Maine?
    Please nooooooooooooooo...........................not in Maine.......

    Team Teebow 2
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •