vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Channel 5 news

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I managed to wake up at 11 long enough to get the the shortened version. I tried again this morning in case it was the longer one, but it was not.

Anyway, the shortened version can be found at http://www.bytethebullet.com/geocach...Jun_6)_006.mpg. It's about 20 MB, so those that want to see it that are on dial up may need to find some other method of getting it.

Right here Haffy

Yeah I read that earlier but 20 mb on dial-up,I would be here til next week....lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I did manage to read the script,a shortened version from the WABI-TV site but reading the script and seeing the interview just isn't the same.

Great job Andy and Jake. I think the piece presented Geocaching in a positive way.

A house is not a home without a cat.

I missed seeing it on both the early evening news and the late night news. My wife caught part of it though . . . said they shot an angle that didn't make me look very good . . . but then again, that would be every angle.

I will say that this was one of my more fun interviews . . . it was fun "working" with Andy . . . almost as fun as geocaching with him (except for the fact that he ALWAYS finds the cache before I do.)

Is there any way to put the longer version on here . . . I have DSL at work so I imagine it wouldn't take forever and a day to watch this.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Firefighter Jake conned me into a news feature on geocaching. Short notice, but we are on tonight (6/6) on the 6 pm news. Channel 5 in Bangor, not sure if it goes anywhere else. They said a short version will be on the 11pm news and rerun tomorrow morning too.
    Jake is the one giving all the info, I'm just there to look pretty
    "Conned" is a word with such negative connotations Andy . . . I would prefer the word "convinced" -- besides I figured they needed a veteran geocacher to give some perspective to the piece.

As for me giving all the info and you were there just to look pretty . . . uh, I hate to say this, but I don't think either one of us will be winning the Mr. America Contest anytime soon.

In all seriousness, I haven't seen the piece . . . I hope we did geocaching justice. It was truly fun to "work" with you.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Thanks for the link!

This was well done, Andy & Jake. A very positive story.
    I haven't seen the story, but Andy made sure he flashed your geocaching permit card which was still in the cache at the camera Bruce . . . you may not have been there physically, but you were with us in spirit.

I'm a little slow this morning. I've got a few things to do this morning, but later on I'll see if I can't get out to WABI and ask them to make a videotape for me of this program. I can then drop it into the new Bangor Geomailbox as "junk mail" for anyone to check out.

I did manage to download the shorter version that Brdad had the link to from his website and it took almost an hour but it was well worth the wait. Thanks Brdad. Now I am hoping the longer version will be available some way or another to view. Thanks to Jake and Andy for putting geocaching in the positive light.

Just watched the web version. Nice job guys!

team teebow 2(cheryl)
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......