vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Channel 5 news

Great job Jake and Andy!! and a great plug for geocaching!!!

I watched the 6 and 11pm versions last night and I think they were the same. The reporter said there would be a short one for the 11pm news, but maybe it was a slow day
    I had fun doing this with Jake and was happy with the way they distilled an hour of "stuff" into 2 minutes of info someone might actually be able to use.

Great job you two. I love how they didn't "reveal" your exact location. For the ones that have been there, it was unmistakeable....yet didn't spoil the hunt for future cachers. Now if we just get Sudonim to use GSAK.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Is there any way to put the longer version on here . . . I have DSL at work so I imagine it wouldn't take forever and a day to watch this.
    If Brad can convert his TIVO to a file, I can put it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I watched the 6 and 11pm versions last night and I think they were the same. The reporter said there would be a short one for the 11pm news, but maybe it was a slow day
    I think it was shorter at 11. Maybe if notrhing else Brad can time his TIVO'd version and see if it's longer than what I recorded, about 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Great job you two. I love how they didn't "reveal" your exact location. For the ones that have been there, it was unmistakeable....yet didn't spoil the hunt for future cachers. Now if we just get Sudonim to use GSAK.
    That was all due to Andy and his veteran experience. He suggested the Marina and since it had a great location, good hide and great container (plus it wasn't so far away that we would be huffing and puffing . . . OK, I would be huffing and puffing . . . by the time we got there). Another plus was that we had both found it before so we wouldn't be doing an unfamiliar cache and have to log a DNF on camera!

Andy is also the one who asked that the camera guy not shoot the exact hiding location to not spoil the find and we tried to be careful when showing Travel Bugs. He was the brains of the outfit . . . and I was the -- uh, well I'm not exactly sure what I was . . . the comic relief to show the humorous side of geocaching? The balding, clueless fat guy to show other folks that you don't have to be a triathlete, under the age of 25 or have an IQ above 75 to geocache? Hmmm . . . I'm still unsure why I was there.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default I'm going to see what I can do.

My version is 2 min and 2 seconds so it sounds like it was the same at both 6 and 11. I need to look at the book and see how to do it. Stay tuned.

Oh BTW, nice work guys!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    My version is 2 min and 2 seconds so it sounds like it was the same at both 6 and 11.
    Ah, must have been then. Musta been my imagination. If so, there's no need to do it, other than knowing how so you're prepared next time!

I forgot I had lee's Replay TV to record anything that mentioned geocaching, but that didn't pick it up, either...

I wanna see too!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky
    I wanna see too!
    Did you try the link, or are you on dila up?

BTW, do you make your sig dolls?

That was a very nice, and well put together. Thanx Guys!!