vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Any idea what this new system will cost when it is complete and ready for the market??
    There are no official prices listed yet, but the rumor is that it will be less than Windows XP was when it was released ($99 for an upgrade version, $199 for a full version).

Rumor has it that the "street price" for the full version of Windows Vista will be $99.

There are going to be different levels of the new Vista OS.
    The most basic will probably go for around $100 and the Highest will probably go for around $400.

Beta testing is essential for technology to advance. Without beta testers software companies would not have any way of testing product in a real world environment short of building thousands of computers and hiring thousands of staff to use those computers as they would any other computer, just to look for bugs. This would of course drastically raise the cost of software to the point where there would be no profit in it and therefore no desire to innovate.

I have Beta tested many programs in the past but almost always on a computer that could be redone without any problem. Beta testing is for those people who are brave enough to take the risk. Not everyone is that brave or had the extra hardware.

They don’t call it the “Bleeding Edge” for nothing…

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson
    [COLOR=black]
    I have Beta tested many programs in the past but almost always on a computer that could be redone without any problem. Beta testing is for those people who are brave enough to take the risk. Not everyone is that brave or had the extra hardware.
    I picked up a couple of laptop hard drives, put them in external USB-connected cases, and use those to back up my critical files. And I can transfer the data SOOO easily between different computers!

I too have been a BETA tester for a few new softwares that have come out. Just recently I was a betatester for Kim Komando's new website and it was a lot of fun. Anyway you just take the chance I suppose with any new software coming out. I mean how many patches has Microsoft come out with for XP and they still havent got it right? Anyway it's just for some people I guess and it saves money for all of us in the long run.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Rick, what IS your problem??? This is about new technology, it isn't about beer drinking, and is in the correct forum.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion about beta testers, but do you need to publically disparage people that enjoy it?
    Bruce it seems that I can not reply to any of your posts without you thinking I am picking on you. So I will not reply to any of your post anymore. When I stated that "They need people that have nothing to lose that will test the product out", I meant that they want people that are willing to test it out and have notrhing to lose off there computers if something goes wrong. Then I went on to say "Pretty silly in my opinion to even thing about putting this on my computer", meaning that I have a lot to lose on my computer if something went wrong. I also stated "there are some people that can not wait", meaning that some people can not wait to get the latest of everything as you stated in your first post.

I don't know how that is publically disparaging people? Oh well. I am not going to post anymore so that way people will not think I am publically disparaging them. LOL.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    I too have been a BETA tester for a few new softwares that have come out. Just recently I was a betatester for Kim Komando's new website and it was a lot of fun.
    Wow! Cool! I think her web site is great, and I really like the new format for hre newsletters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Bruce it seems that I can not reply to any of your posts without you thinking I am picking on you. So I will not reply to any of your post anymore.
    OK - I'll give you this one. So you're only picking on me 50% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I am not going to post anymore so that way people will not think I am publically disparaging them.

I am going to take it personaly that you are not going to publically disparage me..................