vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available

Default Windows Vista Beta 2 Available

For those of us who have to have the latest of everything, Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available to the public.

Go to this site first, to see if your computer has what it takes to run Windows Vista (my laptop didn't! )

(Be advised - Windows Vista Beta 2 is a 4-hour download on a T1 internet connection. If you're on dialup - you might as well order the DVD for $6.)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    For those of us who have to have the latest of everything, Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available to the public.

Go to this site first, to see if your computer has what it takes to run Windows Vista (my laptop didn't! )

(Be advised - Windows Vista Beta 2 is a 4-hour download on a T1 internet connection. If you're on dialup - you might as well order the DVD for $6.)
    Isn't it funny they don't even have Vista on the shelf, and yet they are working on the next version allready???

I'm still running 98, and it works great. But I'm going to have to do something sometimes in the not too distant future.

d’76 Guest

I spent a few minutes checking it out. I dont understand, is is another windows application or is it another operationg system all togeather

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I spent a few minutes checking it out. I dont understand, is is another windows application or is it another operationg system all togeather
    The next update to the Windows operating system - it will replace Windows XP.

The actual release is scheduled for early 2007.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    The next update to the Windows operating system - it will replace Windows XP.

The actual release is scheduled for early 2007.
    And they are giving it away as a free download??

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    And they are giving it away as a free download??
    it's a beta version, that means you can download, tell them about all the problems and bugs you find, then, when it gets released, you be first in line to BUY it.

and the virus writers can get a jump on the new OS too

That is OK. I will wait. That is why it is a Beta version. They need people that have nothing to lose that will test the product out. Pretty silly in my opinion to even thing about putting this on my computer. But there are some people that can not wait. They usually end up paying the price in the long run.

Right now I am saving up for the new Dell XPS 700 series. If you have not check them out they are pretty damn AWESOME.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    That is OK. I will wait. That is why it is a Beta version. They need people that have nothing to lose that will test the product out. Pretty silly in my opinion to even thing about putting this on my computer. But there are some people that can not wait. They usually end up paying the price in the long run.
    Rick, what IS your problem??? This is about new technology, it isn't about beer drinking, and is in the correct forum.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion about beta testers, but do you need to publically disparage people that enjoy it?

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    it's a beta version, that means you can download, tell them about all the problems and bugs you find, then, when it gets released, you be first in line to BUY it.
    Any idea what this new system will cost when it is complete and ready for the market??